Sonic Generations "Modern" tracks with lyrics

Smooth4lyfe1987

Hello!  You saw my take on these over at the RadioSEGA forums, so you know I'm on your good side :-)  However, two things I should just point out really quickly:

1) What do you mean by "recognized by Sega"? I've done some google searching and the only main promotions I have seen have been exclusively you posting it on various Sega fan-sites.  I don't even know if Sega themselves shared it themselves or not, but from what I have seen, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of that.

2) Take note that if you submit the vocal covers to the OC Remix judges, they would be instantly rejected due to just using the original recording and singing over the top.  I say you should consider this set of covers as practice for when you start performing them on top of other backing tracks, whether made by yourself or produced by another arranger.

You did however showed me you're able to make arranges of your own, so I'm optimistic that you'll be able to keep pushing them up to that same level.  Just keep working on new stuff and learning from each one, and everything will be alright :-)

On 1/10/2016 at 2:13 PM, Rexy said:

Hello!  You saw my take on these over at the RadioSEGA forums, so you know I'm on your good side :-)  However, two things I should just point out really quickly:

1) What do you mean by "recognized by Sega"? I've done some google searching and the only main promotions I have seen have been exclusively you posting it on various Sega fan-sites.  I don't even know if Sega themselves shared it themselves or not, but from what I have seen, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of that.

2) Take note that if you submit the vocal covers to the OC Remix judges, they would be instantly rejected due to just using the original recording and singing over the top.  I say you should consider this set of covers as practice for when you start performing them on top of other backing tracks, whether made by yourself or produced by another arranger.

You did however showed me you're able to make arranges of your own, so I'm optimistic that you'll be able to keep pushing them up to that same level.  Just keep working on new stuff and learning from each one, and everything will be alright :-)

Hey Rexy! Awesome your own here...to answer your questions

1. They were recognized by Aaron Webber (I believe works at SEGA) who said he really enjoyed the tracks, and Oshima Naoto (who designed Sonic) messaged me and said he really liked the tracks....so I sorta said recognized by SEGA lol....I can send you pics if you want

2. Yeah I don't plan on submitting these for OCRemix....I have other original stuff I would submit...this is just for people to hear and give feedback. I submitted the Ice Cap Zone track so hopefully that gets selected!

Thanks for the write up!