Paid - Original music needed

I don't really know how I'd classify my project but I think it's close enough to finished at this point to speak for itself

So, umm, we're making a whatever it is that this is called and as you can see some of the music is still marked as pending

The remaining pieces are the "first 4 scenes" track, and "Jessella's Theme". I do already have someone assigned to do them however he is struggling and as the rest of the video is getting quite close to finished we've decided to see if anyone else could step in and do Jessella's Theme

So what I'm after is 2 versions of the same track to fit the character of Jessella, a legendary Paladin who distinguished herself fighting demons and then retired before returning from retirement to sacrifice herself.

The twist with Jessella is that one of the protagonists, Tharia, dreams of Jessella's life through her eyes, allowing me to contrast the reality of Jessella with the legend that was built up around her, and this is where the 2 versions come in.

The first is to be used when characters are talking about Jessella, and the legend is being presented it should be clean, proper and heroic

The second version is for Tharia's visions of Jessella, it should be more oneiric, a blurred parody of the original.

For reference, please listen to some of the "Spectral Realm" tracks from Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver and how they relate to their "Physical Realm" counterparts. I'm not after anything that sounds dark or evil, but just warped and slightly unsettling

All going well, there will be a lot more of this in the future, so I'm after a long-ish suite of audio, at least 4 minutes of each version with long sections that I can put behind the narration

If you're interested, please grab me by PM with a price quote, your desired payment schedule, a timeframe for completion, some examples of your existing work, and a description of what your take on the track would be

What's that setting?

That's Seten, it's an original fantasy setting that I've been working on for almost 15 years

How are you funding all of this?

I've been saving my wages for the last 7 years, my hope is that between increases to my own wage, some in-video advertising and patreon that I'll be able to balance the money I'm spending on the project before my savings run out

Advertising and Patreon? Will you be making money out of this?

If your definition of "making money" is "making slightly less of a massive loss on the project" then yes. I have no delusions of ever breaking even on this, let alone turning a profit.

What rights to the finished track do you need?

I need permission to use the track in free-to-access streaming video and Flash over the internet.

The series will be going on every free-to-access video/flash website that I can put it on.

The track will remain yours, and if I want to put it anywhere that isn't free-to-access via internet - such as a subscription site or whatever, then I will come back to you and renegotiate.

Will you pay me up front (before I start)?

Maybe, I would be happy to do up-front payment to an established member of the OCR community with a good track record for getting commissions done on time

What payment methods are you happy to use?

I prefer to pay using PayPal, just note that I've been having trouble with the "Send Money" screen lately, so you'll probably have to send me an invoice to pay from

I am happy to consider other payment methods, I do not like posting money or cheques but I would at least consider doing so for the right musician at the right price

Would you be opposed to having one person do the "normal" version of the track and someone else remix it to make the "dream" version?

No I would not be opposed to this, just keep in mind that time is somewhat precious

Will I get one of those large sliding credit boxes like the Artists and Voice Actors have?

Yes, on sites that allow me to do so (not You Tube) I'll even turn it into a link to your website

Will there be more opportunities like this from you in the future?

Maybe, there are a lot of factors like:

• How smoothly this commission goes
  • How well the series does
  • How much music I think I can afford
  • The schedules/ongoing-participation of the 2 musicians who are already working on the project

Are there any non-musical roles open?

Yes, we're actively seeking artists and voice actors, as well as someone to take over editing of the project in Flash, please ask if interested

Is this the final format of the video?

It might be split up into smaller videos, I would not mind feedback on that