Original Music and SFX needed

Taijj

Hello,

I'm in dire need of a composer/musician, who wants to make music and sound effects for a project I will describe below.
Since this is a hobby project I won't get any money for, neither will you, sorry!

Okay, you're still reading, that's good 8O Let me tell you about my project and the general style I have in mind for it's audio:

The Box Theory

Project's Deviantart Page

The Box Theory is a semi autobiographic Webcomic series that sometimes features little shorts as episodes. It's about the life of a design student in a pixelart styled parallel world of our own. Music and Sounds are therefore heavily 8-bit driven and also contain elements of rock and metal.

References:
The Scott Pilgrim Movie
The Band Machinae Supremacy
The Band Anamanaguchi

You're job then will be to make the music and/or sound effects for these animated shorts (2-4 minutes long).

If you're interested please contact me via e-mail taijj(at)gmx.net! I will collect contact informations in a first round until Sunday the 31st of January!
Then I'll take a look at your previous work, so it would be cool if you'd provide some means to check it out and then we'll talk about what exactly I'd like to have for my stuff! :-D

Thanks for reading! I hope to hear from you soon!

Have it nice!  ՞ ᗜ ՞ 

Regards,
Taijj

I won't thumb my nose at the idea of not getting paid for work like all the other composers you meet these days, but I would like to question why you have such a short deadline for music AND reviewing submissions.

If you're in that great a need for free music, you need to be working with an artist and giving them some good leeway as far as time and effort goes. You only really get to call those shots when you're paying for music or doing it for a project that has some pretty good clout about it already established.

Hey Meteo Xavier thanks for your quick reply!

I won't thumb my nose at the idea of not getting paid for work like all the other composers you meet these days, but I would like to question why you have such a short deadline for music AND reviewing submissions.

Oh boy, now that I've actually slept and reread that passage again that sounds pretty harsh! I just wanted to say I will collect interested artists' contacts and take a first look at some of their work during this time period. I don't want to have finished work in just 2 weeks that's insane! I will rewrite that passage right after this post! 8O

If you're in that great a need for free music, you need to be working with an artist and giving them some good leeway as far as time and effort goes. You only really get to call those shots when you're paying for music or doing it for a project that has some pretty good clout about it already established.

You're absolutely right and I'm sorry for sounding so demanding!

Well, Thank you again for replying to my unfortunatetly worded requests! I will edit my post now! :)