PRC314 - The Coloured Mathematical Pi Round (Mega Man 10 + Streets of Rage 2)

Bundeslang

Do you like the special rules  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the special rules

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Only if they are in my advantage.
    • Of course, I can even win without entering.
    • I don't know, I think Bundeslang added these so that he might win this round. Otherwise he will fail of course.
    • I hate mathematics.
    • I was willing to enter, but with these rules not.
    • Every round must have special rules.
    • Normally I wouldn't enter this round, but now I will!!!

The People's Remix Competition 314
PRCv13-02

Hello everyone and Welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

OneUp was the winner of the anniversary round, Trism was the winner of PRC313. Both can win again in PRC314, which will not be a regular round since it will have some additional rules. Let's make this a crazy round.

The following (additional) rules apply:

- Anyone who makes is song 3 minutes and 14 seconds long, or makes his song 5 minutes and 14 seconds long (which is 314 seconds) gets pi (3,14) bonus points. There is a slack of two seconds, so anything between 3:12 - 3:16 or 5:12 - 5:16 is fine for the bonus.

- Anyone who adds a colour in his song title (for example, "The Green remix", "Blue lightning", "Orange ocean"...) also gets pi (3,14) bonus points).

- Remixing one of the sources is enough, but everyone who uses both sources in his song (meaning that both sources are recognizable in the song) gets pi (3,14) bonus points. To get this points, it must be mentioned in the song description that both sources are used. This also holds for OneUp and Trism. They must use the source selected by the other to enter (of course, they can remix their own track only as a bonus track, but this time having 20% of the others source and 80% of their own source is fine to enter). If they do not enter, they have a both that counts twice.

- One of my posts in the recent PRC topics has been edited in a strange way. The one who replies first with that post in the quote gets pi (3,14) bonus points.

Voting will also be a bit different:

- All voters can fill in three boxes. Everything is fine, but participants cannot vote for themselves this time and they even can give the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place to the same song. All boxes may be filled in.

- Everyone who votes gets 2pi (6,28) bonus points. So it is very recommended to vote. This also holds for non participants, meaning that they theoretically can win this round if the participants do not vote.

- If two or more songs tie for 1st place, they get the last place wooden spoon. If two or more songs tie for last place, they win the round. This doesn't hold for multiple voters who ends at last place.

How about some Megaman!

I chose the Nitro Man theme from Megaman 10. I love this song, it could easily fit in one of the early NES games.

MIDI: http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/wii/MM10_Nitroman.mid

Hey Bunda! Happy 13th season!

I choose 'Dreamer' from Streets of Rage 2 on the Mega Drive. The tune is so 90's EDM at times that it hurts (in a good way!) and it's been a favourite of mine for many a year. Hopefully someone can do it justice!

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/sega/genesis/G_StreetsofRage2_Dreamer.mid

PRC314.jpg

Source 1: Mega Man 10 (Wii) - Nitro Man

MIDI

Youtube Link

Source Information

Source 2: Streets of Rage 2 (GEN) - Dreamer

MIDI

Youtube Link

Source Information

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

To submit a song at the compo page a ThaSauce account is required.

If anyone has problems with registering or uploading the song to ThaSauce, please upload the song somewhere else and post a download link in the thread. I recommend Soundcloud, don't forget to allow downloads to enable me to upload the song at ThaSauce.

To register and submit, do the following.

• Click the ThaSauce Link.
  • Click the 'You are not logged in' button in the upper right.
  • Click on 'register' (at the bottom).
  • Read the terms and click 'I agree to these terms'. If you don't agree with them, upload the song somewhere else and post a download link as mentioned above (by doing that, you allow me to upload the song at ThaSauce.
  • Continue the process by filling in your information.
  • A confirmation mail will be send. There might be some issues with it (meaning that you don't get it), if that is the case, upload the song somewhere else as described above.
  • Once registered, login with your username and password, go to the mentioned page and submit the song. If you want submit two or more songs you can create multiple ThaSauce accounts or upload the song somewhere else and post the download link.

PRC instructions

• Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  • Entries must be posted in the  by Wednesday January 27th 2016 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (18:00 UTC, 19:00 GMT), check the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. Two days extra because of the strange rules.
  • You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread
  • Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.
  • Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  • The winner of this round may select the source for PRC315, which will be a normal round.
  • The winner of PRC312 and PRC313, OneUp and Trism, can take part as mentioned above.
  • You can find the full rules list at this page as well. However, take the different rules which are mentioned into account. They apply only in this round.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC.png

PRC ThaSauce Home Page!

<quote>

• Click the .

</quote>

in PRC 113, The link to the "thasauce" page is missing.

As for the special rules, I freakin love them and totally wouldn't mind if they're in future rounds. However I really dislike the special rules for the voting section. Depending on the person, we could potentially see the voting system done like this:

Supercoolmike's votes

1. Supercoolmike
  2. Supercoolmike
  3. Supercoolmike

Ppl going straight to first/last just because they tied last/first is also very strange to me. As if you hate it when ppl get a tie but then reward them for being a tie... Only way I can see it make sense is when only 2 ppl participate but only got like 1-2 votes for that round.

As for the song choices, can't wait to get started!

5 hours ago, Supercoolmike said:

<quote>

• Click the .

</quote>

in PRC 113, The link to the "thasauce" page is missing.

As for the special rules, I freakin love them and totally wouldn't mind if they're in future rounds. However I really dislike the special rules for the voting section. Depending on the person, we could potentially see the voting system done like this:

Supercoolmike's votes

1. Supercoolmike
  2. Supercoolmike
  3. Supercoolmike

Ppl going straight to first/last just because they tied last/first is also very strange to me. As if you hate it when ppl get a tie but then reward them for being a tie... Only way I can see it make sense is when only 2 ppl participate but only got like 1-2 votes for that round.

As for the song choices, can't wait to get started!

About the 'mistake post', you are right but that's not the post which I mean. This is just a copy paste error.

For the voting: I first planned to allow people to vote for themselves, but that will not be allowed. Also the first last place thing only holds for participants who actually got points, not for voters (otherwise if 4 people vote in a round with 2 songs, it is very likely that the two voters tie for last place). In a round with 13 songs it is very likely that two or more songs won't get points after all, so the rule doesn't hold here as well. Don't worry, the best song will win.

This will be the only round with strange rules, I might do another one next year in PRC340.

I was working on my track and just listened to Chalis song for the first time after that. The songs have some strange agreements. The sources are used in a similar and opposite way. But based on what my song is at the moment, Chalis' song is a very relaxing version of it.

There's still an opportunity (till wednesday) to get bonus points to discover what post of me in the recent PRC's was edited in a strange way. And I do not mean copy paste errors, I might give bonusses for each copy paste error I have made next year.:)

Also there's an additional rule: if the round gets an extension, the remixers who submitted before the original deadline get pi (3,14) bonus points.

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. This round has 4 songs. To vote, do the following:

•Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries.
•Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.
•Fill in the entries any way you like. You can leave boxes empty or fill them in, but you have to fill in the first box. It is allowed to leave the second and or the third box empty, so it is for example allowed to vote Chalis 1st and 2nd and leave the third box empty, without voting for the other songs.
•It is allowed to vote for a song more than once (for example vote Chalis 1st, 2nd and 3rd)
•State a reasoning for it.
•Participants are encouraged to vote and leave feedback. However, they may not vote for themselve. They get a 2*pi (6,28) bonus so it is attractive to vote. They must fill in the first box and can fill in the others. Non participants are encouraged to vote to decide the winner and leave comments as well, they also get 2*pi points for voting.
OneUp and Trism has a vote that counts twice.
•Always look in this thread to find out who's the winner of the round after the voting stage instead of only looking at ThaSauce for the results. Especially this time, since there are several bonusses.

So you can vote three times for the same song (for example, three times for Chalis, zero for me and other entries), or vote Chalis 1st and 3rd and me second, or give only Chalis a 1st place (or alternatives on this). Everything is fine, as long the first box is filled in and remixers don't vote for themselve.

If two or more songs tie for 1st place, they get the last place wooden spoon. If two or more songs tie for last place, they win the round. This doesn't hold for multiple voters who ends at last place.

You have until THIS Friday, January 29th 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote. Check the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner may choose the source tune for the next round, PRC315. That will be a normal round.

Check the ThaSauce Page to vote.

If anyone have issues voting via ThaSauce you can vote by sending me a PM at Ocremix.

8 hours ago, Trism said:

It's very cool that everyone managed to use both sources :) I'll be sure to vote for this round. Nice work everybody!

Yes, I'm happy about that. The rule really worked well. I will make a poll next round: "When there are two sources and both sources are used, the remixer should get a first place bonus". If this round ends in a tie (yes this is possible), I will give the bonus next round.

The current standings (before the start of the voting stage)

1. Chalis, Bundeslang, NinjaPenguinDan: 3 pi (9,42 points)

4. Supercoolmike: 1 pi (3,14 points)

Nobody saw that I edited the voting extension announcement in PRC312 in a way that I extended it because I didn't get any points so no points are awarded with that.

This also means that non-participants cannot win the round anymore, but they can avoid the wooden spoon. Voting scores are just normal (3 points for 1st place, 2 for 2nd and 1 for 3rd). Remember, 2 pi > 3 + 2 + 1

EDIT: I forgot that Crimson was a colour, so NinjaPenguinDan also has a score of 3 pi.

It's results time.

Total number of mixes - 4
Total number of votes - 8

lastplace.jpgBarleyWaldorf, Chickenwarlord and MindWanderer voted and get the wooden spoon, with 3,14 points.

Trism doubled his voting bonus and got 6,28 points.

fourthplace.jpgSupercoolmike missed the bonus scores for title and length and ends with fourth place, with 20,42 points
thirdplace.jpgBundeslang got enough bonus points to win the third place, with 20,71 points
secondplace.jpgChalis got second place with 24,71 points
firstplace.jpgAnd the winner of PRC314 is NinjaPenguinDan with 45,71 points.

At ThaSauce, scores are rounded. The graph is as follows:
voting.png

Congratulations NinjaPenguinDan, you are the winner. You may select a source for PRC315 which starts as soon as possible after receiving the source.
Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before this Sunday (31 January), 10:59 AM ThaSauce time.

This year, the person who votes the most times this season will get a bonus in the anniversary edition (excluding me since I always vote).

You may select any source for any game, but not a source with an OverClocked remix or a source which has been used in PRC before. An overview of the past PRC's can be found in the following links:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

You can find the votes here: