Lightning's Modeling Career

AngelCityOutlaw

After saving the world or whatever it was she did in one of the worst Final Fantasy series, you'll be delighted to know Claire has still found work as a fashion model. I mean, really, after being a soldier, a fugitive, the bodyguard of a deity and a time traveling warrior, this is the only career move that makes sense. There's just nothing left.

You can see some photos from her latest shoot and hear what she has to say about Louis Vuitton's clothing and new ad campaign at the following link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/people/final-fantasy-character-lightning-on-starring-in-louis-vuitton-c/

What a time to be alive.

Personally, I hope she doesn't get into drugs or develop an eating disorder.

4 hours ago, Neblix said:

Those poses are cringe-worthy.

Yes

41 minutes ago, YoshiBlade said:

This is what happens when a Louis Vuitton advertising meeting has the coffee spike with acid. 

Honestly, I get it to an extent. As they say, the clothes are inspired by the visual aesthetic of games (I don't see it, but whatever) and so it would therefore make sense to use a popular game character who had a whole game about changing clothes to advertise them. I don't think think they succeeded in making it look good, but again, whatever.

It's the whole faux-interview thing where they're cranking up the creepy dial to the max, ripping it off and throwing it out the window onto the freeway.

9 minutes ago, AngelCityOutlaw said:

Didn't they try something like this with what's her name from Spirits Within and it failed miserably?

Maybe, but that was when cgi was much less advanced then it is now.

When I saw computer generated actors I mean even their voices and personalities will be artificial.

I'm not saying it's an absolute certainty, but I wouldn't be surprised. Companies always trying to save as much money as possible and whatnot.

http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/stories/ss16-series-4-campaign#/video/1072668/Home

This seems like a good place to ask...other than a status symbol is there any reason to pay $895 for a purse or $1895 for an attache case. Does anyone have expensive tastes in clothing or otherwise that could express why they drop that kind of coin on it, I've never been able to understand. I guess I ask because for our community (video game enthusiasts)  thats a new console with several new games and the I'm just confused as to why they are using a video game character to market high end luxury goods to a ( what I assume is a slim ) demographic who would know who Lighting is AND want to spend almost 2000 dollars on what could easily be accomplished with 200 dollars...I'm genuinely interested.  

10 minutes ago, YoshiBlade said:

http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/stories/ss16-series-4-campaign#/video/1072668/Home

This seems like a good place to ask...other than a status symbol is there any reason to pay $895 for a purse or $1895 for an attache case. Does anyone have expensive tastes in clothing or otherwise that could express why they drop that kind of coin on it, I've never been able to understand. I guess I ask because for our community (video game enthusiasts)  thats a new console with several new games and the I'm just confused as to why they are using a video game character to market high end luxury goods to a ( what I assume is a slim ) demographic who would know who Lighting is AND want to spend almost 2000 dollars on what could easily be accomplished with 200 dollars...I'm genuinely interested.  

People do it for the status, like buying a Hummer.

For my money I would have assumed people here would nerd out buying new music gear rather then a new game system.

14 hours ago, AngelCityOutlaw said:

Didn't they try something like this with what's her name from Spirits Within and it failed miserably?

The idea was to reuse the character models from Spirits Within as other characters in other movies made by Square Enix. Essentially treat the character models as "actors" that could be recast.

On 1/17/2016 at 11:06 PM, YoshiBlade said:

There's a case to be made for some clothing, particularly things like suits, where to a point quality and price go together. A bespoke canvassed suit will fit you perfectly and last far longer than an off the rack glued-together polyblend suit, but it'll also cost a hell of a lot more. I saved up for many years to buy a set of navy, charcoal, and black partially canvassed suits on sale at Brooks Brothers and comparing it my old Men's Wearhouse suit is like comparing a guitar bought at target to a custom american made fender.

20 minutes ago, Brandon Strader said:

This thread is sad and the amount of salt, at least from the first bunch of posts, makes me stomach hurt

Let people like what they like and get a hobby

What are you on about, Strader? There is no "salt" in this thread so far except, ironically, this post of yours complaining about it.

No one's stopping anyone from "liking" anything. Opinions are also not required to be positive and most people thus far would appear to agree that this is a weird marketing tactic selling over-priced goods and cringe-worthy poses. Like, I seriously can't imagine why anyone would have a problem with this thread unless they have a personal involvement with this campaign or an infatuation with Lightning that they feel is being attacked.  

those poses look pretty standard for modern modeling. don't really see the issue. i think it's sorta fun that a game character (from a game that a lot of people didn't like, too!) is being used in a pop culture ad. nice to see the market penetration.

remind me what the issue is here? is it because a character that's notoriously not girly being used for a purse ad? or is it because louis vuitton's overpriced? i don't think anyone disagrees with the idea that those purses cost more than they should, but supply/demand blah blah blah. they sell at that price because they can sell at that price.

14 hours ago, prophetik music said:

those poses look pretty standard for modern modeling. don't really see the issue

It's not the poses themselves rather than the fact that they're 3D rendered and anatomically questionable. The joint placement definitely sits right at home in uncanny valley.

If you're asking why I say "cringe-worthy", it's because I find uncanny valley stuff creepy and creepy stuff makes me literally cringe.