Some questions about the submission guidelines

GSO

Resend the message early; the date given on the email would be the day that you send it, so if you send it, say, several months later, it will seem like the original email was first sent on that later date. Then, if the original email isn't examined to determine the original date, the evaluation may be delayed.

I've had this happen to me before, and it took a bit of effort to clear that up, because apparently, some Judges use gmail. :P

The original bitrate you have is normal for a 16-bit WAV file.

I wouldn't worry too much about the 218 kbps MP3. For example, I encoded this ReMix in VBR1, and on OCR, it displays as 232 kbps. VBR1 continuously changes the bit rate (how accurately your song is reproduced bit-by-bit) to accommodate for the minimum bitrate required to give a specific level of fidelity every second in the ReMix. So, having a bit rate displayed on the Properties window of your MP3 that is greater than 192 kbps (which is for constant bit rate) is totally normal. :)

• 3 years later...

Hello all. I've been writing and recording music for some years now, and was a longtime lurker/listener back in the VGMix 1.0 days. For whatever reason, I have never bothered recording a VG cover myself until this past week. Is it frowned upon to post things that you have submitted here on other pages/platforms (e.g. NewGrounds, SoundCloud, etc)? Since I bothered putting the time into it and wouldn't mind using it in a portfolio elsewhere, I hope that'd be cool to try to get the most exposure possible.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, just couldn't find anything about this in the FAQ and was having trouble coming up with search terms to find a similar topic/question.

Just for future reference, the Content Policy details that OCR has non-exclusive rights to publish, meaning you're absolutely free to do as you please with your music after it's posted here.

:)

(On a side note, I often post a lot of my music on Newgrounds after I submit it here, it's totally legit.)

Edited by Gario