OCR03294 - Super Mario World "Big Boo Badman"

Liontamer

Heh. If zircon's and AeroZ's versions of this theme joined forces, this is what it'd sound like.

While the harpsichord sounds mechanical (no release between notes), I don't think instruments are supposed to sound believable in this type of music. Breakdown at 2:40 uses the SMW strings really well. Certainly sounds very Koji Kondo-ish. As a whole, this rendition has a lot of attention to detail (e.g. nice small bits of lead guitar at 0:52). So while I admit I am tired of listening to remixes from this tune, this was a welcome fresh take for me. Definitely looking forward to new works from you.

And for more mario remixes with spooky vibes, try Sixto's Luigi's Mansion piece.

Man what a trip this was!

Very conservative way to reel us in, leading into that amazing and fast paced experimental arrangement. For something that contains SO MUCH (original sound clips, choir, chiptunes, killer percussion, killer guitar, wub wubs, super fast synthesized harpsicord, need I go on?) it's organized so well. Great work, I'm already a huge fan of yours.

Okay, read the other reviews and I think I know what to expect...

snes tones, ok... sudden drop, right?.... ...  O.O WUT

.... and then... more... um... something WHOA holy hannah

This rocks the dynamics, dude, love that everything's unpredictable but not too jarring. Production's pretty hawt, too, my only (minor) nitpicks are in regards to the choir and harps - pretty much that the sequencing makes them sound fake at times, but not really a huge issue in the context of the whole piece, tbh. DAMN this is a good arrangement.

...What?

...WHAT?

Dude. YES. All my YES. While this can seem unpredictable at times, I still like it at each step along the way. Lots of creative drops (like at 1:36) and transitions (like at 3:21). Liked those stuttered snares. Cool use of those "YAH!" and "YAHOO!" sfx at 1:52 - 2:00. I also really liked the reharmonization at 3:32 - 4:03. It's fresh, innovative, and should be enjoyable to a large audience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Holy shit, this is great stuff! A lot of stuff happening here, lots of changes, basicly going from creepy to raw/epic/rock to chiptune/dance with lots of wobbly and glitches to dubsteppy to ... I don't know what's going on here (with random key changes and stuff)! But it still feels very coherent and remains full of energy and very interesting, like a high-energy kinda weird and creepy halloween rollercoaster. And I'm in love with the final part; kudos! 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03294 - Super Mario World "Big Boo Badman"
  • 3 months later...

Fucking hell this was fantastic! There is so much happening at any given time and so many parts of this ReMix made me smile from outright enjoyment. The drop at 0:19 with that dope sounding choir, the use of the SFX especially with Mario's "yahs" keeping the beat, the multiple glitches and switch-ups, the harpsichord, and especially the dark organ sounding bits that lead to the ending that sent this home with a punch. And the best part is it all worked together and fit in one sweet EDM package. This is a crazy ReMix to debut with, and man, I love it! Recommended and going into my playlist for sure!