Tomb Raider 4 Theme - 20th Anniversary Piano RMX [WIP]

Hi, OC ReMix!

This year, Lara Croft celebrates her 20th Birthday and, since the franchise only has one remix on OCR (the great 'Adventure Is in the Air' by EmptyMy), I thought it could be nice to offer the lady a second one just for the occasion.

I actually started a piano arrangement of Peter Connelly's 'Theme' (from 'Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation') and was wondering if you guys could give me feedbacks so I can try to make it OCR worthy (if it is possible to ^^'). Bare in mind that the song was not humanized yet -- I'd like to have the whole composition right before I eventually start recording a real-life piano play.

Original Version:

Remix:

I wouldn't mind collaborate with any of you if you think this WIP could actually fit another genre better -- like a rock ballad or somehting -- and would like to help with the transposition ;)

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year to you all!

Actually, Lara Croft will celebrate her 48th birthday on Feb.14. Since she was born in 1968 :P

We really need a game with old Lara like what they're doing with Nathan Drake. Anyway,

Like you said, humanization, but since you're going to record it for realz, it's pointless to call that a "flaw" right now. I would add more variation to the rhythm and voicing of the arpeggios around the 1:10 - 1:30 and 2:40 mark since the accompaniment gets really repetitive there. I think that orchestral instruments would also go really well with it and ambience. Maybe like, orchestral hall noise or nature sounds and maybe some atmospheric synth pads or drones. Which reminds me, I need to get on re-doing my old Tomb Raider orchestral remix.

Anywho, I'm excited to hear the finished version when you've got it done!

2 hours ago, AngelCityOutlaw said:

Actually, Lara Croft will celebrate her 48th birthday on Feb.14. Since she was born in 1968 :P

Oh, yeah... That's right! Well, I hope I'd be able finish that piece before Saint Valentine's Day then ^^

2 hours ago, AngelCityOutlaw said:

I would add more variation to the rhythm and voicing of the arpeggios around the 1:10 - 1:30 and 2:40 mark since the accompaniment gets really repetitive there.

Will work on these issues very soon.

Thanks for the feedback :D

• 2 months later...

After I realized at least two other people already did a piano cover of this track, I decided to rework my remix and make a rock ballad out of it.

Once again, it's not humanized, mixed and sound very MIDI. But if you're interested in helping me arrange and perform it, or simply give me feedbacks, I'll really appreciate :)

Thanks in advance!