Welcome to new judges, Big Giant Circles and pixietricks!

zircon

she is involved in the OCR community so who would be better suited to be a judge.

There's more to it than simply being involved in the OCR community. If it was that simple, even someone as dimwitted as kamoh could become a judge.

That is true, I didnd't mean it to be that simple. Pixietricks actively remixes, she is on the podcast, she is a professional musician attending a school in Baltimore, I think she is well qualified to be a judge. Did I miss any criteria?

Yes, you missed the judging part. She could've been Miss OCR-Represent and still fallen flat if her judging hadn't been up to par with our standards.

Out of interest, you've probably won her over for life by acknowledging that "she is a professional musician attending a school in Baltimore" :wink:

Well it's true, she does attend a professional music school and she is a professional. I can't believe I forgot about the judging. How can I miss the most obvious part. It is in the name for crying out loud. :oops:

But none of 'em are judges yet (not even zyko) cuz they ain't got the Judge tag underneath their name.

I hope I'm not the only one who recognized this.

there is always some delay in this process, give djp some time to do that. I can tell you that it's really boring to use the admin console in a phpBB forum.

Frankly, I'm sold: I'm firing the panel and abdicating all mix selection responsibilities to GLL. He not only knows how to "make electronica sound good", but he's formed a cogent argument here that I consider unassailable.

his life story

you make me lol soo much.

Late, but congrats both of you!

Hmm, hello, I'm 14.56% of the community and I'm an idiot... where is my reward?

http://www.unmod.org

EDIT:

Ya know, I won't stoop to your level. I will remain on topic. The selection process could have been more transparent, yes. But I cannot say if it should have been.

On one hand, it is not our website and the process is not ours to begin with, however, in a community where everyone can get involved, from simply suggesting songs, to reviewing WIPs and finished songs, it would have been nice to know how it worked. Sadly this would have led to the same conclusion: people would have questioned the choices. It cannot be helped, it's human nature. All autority will be questionned.

I wish to say I hope this "mini-drama" will not tarnish these nominations. While I do not know all the specifics, I am sure both new judges deserved their titles.

And finally, JJT, it is probably not the wisest course of action to recommend to members of the community another website. Not only is it unfriendly, it is unbecomming of a judge, a representative of the website, to behave in this fashion. Without a community, OCR would never have grown like this, and frankly, you should keep that in mind.

Hmm, hello, I'm 14.56% of the community and I'm an idiot... where is my reward?

http://www.unmod.org

EDIT:

Ya know, I won't stoop to your level. I will remain on topic. The selection process could have been more transparent, yes. But I cannot say if it should have been.

On one hand, it is not our website and the process is not ours to begin with, however, in a community where everyone can get involved, from simply suggesting songs, to reviewing WIPs and finished songs, it would have been nice to know how it worked. Sadly this would have led to the same conclusion: people would have questioned the choices. It cannot be helped, it's human nature. All autority will be questionned.

I wish to say I hope this "mini-drama" will not tarnish these nominations. While I do not know all the specifics, I am sure both new judges deserved their titles.

And finally, JJT, it is probably not the wisest course of action to recommend to members of the community another website. Not only is it unfriendly, it is unbecomming of a judge, a representative of the website, to behave in this fashion. Without a community, OCR would never have grown like this, and frankly, you should keep that in mind.

Oh, were you being completely serious with the "14.56% of the community/being an idiot" statement?

I thought you were being facetious and responded in kind.

A person of your stature in the community deserves a lot more respect, and I apologize.

And finally, I hate to say this, but the judge nominations HAVE been tarnished beyond repair, solely as a result of this thread. I honestly don't think they'll be able to do their jobs effectively now, and have recommended that they be removed ASAP.

It was not the first response in such form.

Right, before that I was responding to your request that Vig "take his dress back."

I also thought you were being facetious with that post, but whatever.

I am sorry, but I have never interracted with you in any fashion. I assumed you were seriously telling me to get out. Vig has made such jokes at my expense, and it is part of a unmodian dynamic.

And you have to admit, while he looks sharp in a dress, he looks sharper outside of it.

It was not the first response in such form.

Right, before that I was responding to your request that Vig "take his dress back."

I also thought you were being facetious with that post, but whatever.

I am sorry, but I have never interracted with you in any fashion. I assumed you were seriously telling me to get out. Vig has made such jokes at my expense, and it is part of a unmodian dynamic.

And you have to admit, while he looks sharp in a dress, he looks sharper outside of it.

I'll never pretend to understand unmodian dynamics, but I will accept the apology, and offer my own.

Once Jesse gets some hips on his skinny ass, he'll look better than Bugs Bunny in drag.

;)

It's news so good, it pulled me back from the very grave (or the engineering department, which is near enough) to offer my congratulations. To Pixietricks, aka Jill: I enjoy your music, and I agree with the judges who selected you that you will be a valuable member of the panel. To Big Giant Circles: I look forward to learning more about you and seeing your contributions to the judges panel and the OCR community in general.