Pokemon DPPt Orchestrated - Route 216

Jfaferrie

Don't really know how to describe it. There is something with the groove. The 1:35 - 2:15. Might be me, but I find it a little bit vague. I know it's 16th suffle, but it doesn't really come out like that. Same at 3:25 - 3:55. I like the sound, though the strings have a lot of reverb on them. Might make them pop out a little bit more by cutting on that, Though I know Pokemon games have that kind of sounds in their games.

Last tip: Don't call it critique, but feedback. Gives it a more positive spin, even though you mean the same.(Sorry, teacher-thing ;P...)

Great job man!

On 27/01/2016 at 7:52 PM, T- Ape said:

Don't really know how to describe it. There is something with the groove. The 1:35 - 2:15. Might be me, but I find it a little bit vague. I know it's 16th suffle, but it doesn't really come out like that. Same at 3:25 - 3:55. I like the sound, though the strings have a lot of reverb on them. Might make them pop out a little bit more by cutting on that, Though I know Pokemon games have that kind of sounds in their games.

Last tip: Don't call it critique, but feedback. Gives it a more positive spin, even though you mean the same.(Sorry, teacher-thing ;P...)

Great job man!

Thanks for taking the time to write up some feedback for me, really appreciated. This was probably the hardest track I've had to transcribe so far. Being a classical cellist and not a jazz musician, there were a few places where I was so nearly there with rythms but just a wee tad off, especially in some of the piano parts. I've found working on this track incredibly helpful though, my brother studies a lot of jazz and was able to clear up some of the confusion for me too.

Also, me personally, I don't mind the word 'critique', but it just depends on the context, like most words I guess:P