Final Fantasy VIII: Collision Course - History

Brandon Strader

22 hours ago, Chernabogue said:

@Brandon Strader, how come we didn't claim the "Game Over" theme? XD

That's a FF NES trilogy thang

Hi. I am editing in a little something here I wanted to say. 

Shortly after announcing this project, a facebook friend informed me that there was another FF8 album coming out soon from a different group of people. I guess I was told as a warning, perhaps because there'd be some conflict between that album and this one. I told him I didn't see it that way and I don't. I don't mean any offense to the other project, I'm sure it will have some great stuff on it, however... looking at the claims list here, I know these people. I've heard of them, I've heard their work and I know that a high level of quality will be attained with this album. So looking past the obvious thing of OCR album releases being really top notch with websites, artwork, trailers, etc... we'll still have that edge of the increased quality control, but through the project process and through the evaluation / submissions panel. 

I'm not "denouncing" anything. I'm going to check out that "other" album, even though I think it's going to cost money. :lol: I'm not going to buy it. But I'll preview some of it. If you were involved with that album and chose to contribute here too, that is awesome. I appreciate every artist who has signed on here for the love of the soundtrack and love of working on music in general. If I could pay you guys I would (looking at the list of claims, I'd have to be damn rich to give each person what they deserve). I am glad that your passion surpasses the idea of a measly percentage of a percentage of sales. 

So that's it. I didn't know about it, now I do, but it doesn't change anything, and I hope none of you are discouraged either. We'll show the world what a real FF8 album sounds like, and OCR's release package will be a thing of beauty. 

Hello :) I'm Hashel05

I play guitar and bass (originality level: 0/10) and with my friend Deiselc1 we claimed "Shuffle or Boogie" and i hope it will fits the average quality of this album :)
The song is already done and posted on YT few months ago but i did sent stems to Brandon so he can re-mix it :)
I'm also the organizer of the "FF8 - Seas of Time" album mentioned by Mr. Jackson Parodi a bit earlier!

Really nice to meet you guys =)

Just so everyone knows, I want to point this out while the thread is still in Community and people will be able to see it. What's going to happen eventually is that this thread will get moved to the Projects subforum where you will be able to monitor and post in it there. Just because the thread is moved or doesn't show up in Community anymore doesn't mean that the project is cancelled or some nonsense! So I want you to be aware, especially people who probably aren't too familiar with how the forums work, there's a Projects subforum and this will be there at some point. 

Please don't drop your claims because you can't find the thread! :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

Excited to hear some WIPs. Hoping some of the remixers just send their finished songs to make it a little easier. ;)

Wahhh this is really exciting. Couldn't have dreamed of a better result for the FF8 album with all these people involved, way back in 2010 when I was first thinking of this idea I had no idea it could be such a big deal some day.

Interested in an art style for the artwork. Hoping for something very good. We've been lucky with the art for FF1/FF2, but I'd like to get something from a different artist with a different style, though with quality just as high. I also like the idea of composite art that mixes real-world photography with digitally painted or 3D modeled assets. 

6 minutes ago, Brandon Strader said:

Excited to hear some WIPs. Hoping some of the remixers just send their finished songs to make it a little easier. ;)

Wahhh this is really exciting. Couldn't have dreamed of a better result for the FF8 album with all these people involved, way back in 2010 when I was first thinking of this idea I had no idea it could be such a big deal some day.

Interested in an art style for the artwork. Hoping for something very good. We've been lucky with the art for FF1/FF2, but I'd like to get something from a different artist with a different style, though with quality just as high. I also like the idea of composite art that mixes real-world photography with digitally painted or 3D modeled assets. 

Is there a date that you'd like our first WIP turned in by? You stated that you hope to have the album finished by 2018, so I'm wondering if you have some sort of timeline in mind as far as iterations for tracks go? 

Awkward.... 

That is not so easy to enforce or brush things to the side...sorry if you saw my previous response :) I don't mean to imply anything. Anyone who claimed something would be dedicated enough I suppose. Though my personal wish is that people want to work on this because they loved the game/music, and not so much just because it's an OCR album!

Second apology: The scope for Overture is very high. It's not quite open for claims unless that claim matches the very high (professional level) that is expected for it.. I'm going to mark it as reserved until said opportunity arises. 

Super ultimate double-post time!

Just wanted to say, PROJECT REMIXERS -- go look for that secret project subforum. It's under "Projects" on the forum here. 

If you can post there, please do. That way we'll know you have access. Also if you have a work in progress, please make a new thread in that private subforum and link your WIP there for people to give feedback on.

Thanks!!

1 hour ago, Brandon Strader said:

Super ultimate double-post time!

Just wanted to say, PROJECT REMIXERS -- go look for that secret project subforum. It's under "Projects" on the forum here. 

If you can post there, please do. That way we'll know you have access. Also if you have a work in progress, please make a new thread in that private subforum and link your WIP there for people to give feedback on.

Thanks!!

I can't seem to find the forum, Brandon. What's it called? 

2 minutes ago, Brandon Strader said:

My bad, here's a direct link: http://ocremix.org/community/forum/58-album-final-fantasy-viii/

I'll also add this link to the first post so it's easier for people to find!

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Error code: 2F176/1

I'm getting that error when I click on the link...(?)

Ok.. Tag for @djpretzel and @DarkeSword and perhaps 1 of them could check that out in the morning. They're the ones that can add/edit people to the subforum. This is why it's a good thing for people to post in there to make sure they can so that it can get fixed if they can't so they can post their WIPs. Not sure what causes the error, but I just got access yesterday and I also have a space in my username. ;) Not saying that's the cause, but there's evidence!

Big thanks to DJP and DS

Is it too late to make a claim on a tune? 

I've been wanting to do "Where I Belong" for awhile now but it always kept getting put off by other projects I was involved with. 

I definitely have something vocal in mind for that,  probably female lead but I need to cobble it together and rewrite the lyrics now that I'm not 16 and relatively inexperienced -

EDIT: Apologies for being so late this year started pretty intensely and haven't really had a chance to check out these forums.

• Liontamer changed the title to Final Fantasy VIII: Collision Course - History
  • djpretzel pinned this topic
  • Liontamer unpinned this topic
  • djpretzel locked this topic