CD Baby False Claims On YouTube

anthrit

I was wondering if OC Remix is aware that a company named CD Baby on YouTube is false claiming music from OC Remix. As per the Content Guidelines of OC Remix we are allowed to use the music on our videos.

The song in question is:
ReMix: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest 'Beat the Woods'
http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR02943

As you can see here in this picture CD Baby is trying to claim the song:
http://imgur.com/QLfrpHh

As you can see from that picture the Artist and Company is incorrect. Has anyone ever had this issue with OC Remix music on YouTube?

Wow I was not expecting the Dispute to be that quick. CD Baby has dropped the copyright claim and I got my video back. I was not expecting it to happen that quick, was expecting it to drag out for days.

If this happens to anyone else in the future, just depute the claim with a link to the Content Policy. Seems like that did the trick.

I think this is the rare instance where CD Baby was in the right and you shouldn't have contested their claim or had them take it off. If Abreu released his music through CDBaby and then CDBaby made a claim on your upload, you wouldn't have gotten a strike as far as I recall with CDBaby in particular, and it would have been legally sound for them to do it.

It gets into a gray area in concern to OCR though when you're using someone's licensed and released music such as through CDBaby, while you still have the right to use the music probably through OCR or whatnot, they then also have the right to monetize your video (CDBaby I mean, in this case) but the monetization would go back to the artist of the song who released it on CDBaby.  The artists' rights of ownership and copyright for their song override any other rights through OCR

But long story short the title of this thread should be "CD Baby True Claims on Youtube"

I think OCR's content policy is still valid, as they have the right to distribute and such but with a non-exclusive license... I think the CDBaby license is also in the realm of non-exclusive, but in the artists' interest, they'll flag stuff on Youtube that has been released through CDBaby. Sooooo I guess the short answer would be yes, OCR's policy can get invalidated by others like CDBaby, technically, but it's also not a huge deal here because CDBaby doesn't put one of those red strikes on your account like "serious copyright claimers" will. 

ON THE OTHER HAND, I could be completely wrong and it'll be up to djp or Larry to set us straight here.