OCR00247 - Final Fantasy VII "Ancient Steps Retraced"

m68030

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The first thing I noticed is that the strings in the background sound a lot like those in the James Bond theme.

The second thing I noticed is that the melody (the C64 sounding thing) didn't play as big a part as perhaps it could've done.

But still, it's certainly worth the download, definitely.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Very catchy! 8) I like what LousySpy has done with the temple theme from FF7...it's always been one of my favorite songs from the game, and I was pleasantly surprised when I heard this take on it.

While the percussion and synth are the main forces at work here, there's some subtle but very nice piano and string segments that add to the overall effect.

If Cloud were listening to this, I bet he never would have given Seph the Black Materia...he'd be too busy groovin' to the music! :wink:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It gets abruptly to the point and stays there. The synth seems to poke fun at the 'game' aspect of FF7 while the drums give it a nice creeptacular feel at times. I much agree with Mog. Nice groovage here. My only dissapointment was that it never gets more lively. It's just a matter of preference though. G'job!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This one holds up pretty decently in the sound department. The processing works for the style of the mix, and it has a good feel to it. Drums work quite well overall.

Not much in the way of interpretation, but that was less of an issue back then. Nowadays I could see this still working with a bit more on the variation side. Nice work.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
with a vibe that makes me think of songs from Bond movies for some reason.

haha, yeah. Especially in the beginning, it reminds me of Goldeneye and then later on some of Sprout Tower from Pokemon G/S is thrown in.

But yeah, I really like the atmosphere here: dark, moody, tense filled spy-esque. That plus the title of how Ancient Steps are being Retraced makes this feel very ceremonial and weighty.

Its not quite like the today's mixes, but its still interesting nonetheless.

• 11 months later...

I'm sorry...but this to me is not unique in any sense. You combined the James Bond theme with the ancient ruins theme. I didn't even listen to a minute because of it, but maybe that's why I didn't hear anything unique. I like unique right from the start. So I won't say 'you suck'. But I was very disappointed.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00247 - Final Fantasy VII "Ancient Steps Retraced"