OCR01507 - Metroid Prime 2 "Torvus Clockwork"

djpretzel

So I came back to say that this would really work in the game but that it's not something that I can listen to while HEY

I remember this from VGMix. All in all, I like Darke's first Metroid Prime arrangement better. This one could be good too, but, and I don't know if this is my headphones since this one cool bass part of Ziwtra's Soukaigi mix stopped working, the bass sounds really soft. I don't really like the EQ levels is all, but maybe I need new headphones (Sony MDR-7506, the wire gets run over by my desk chair a lot so a wire's been exposed which I electrical-tapisized). It makes no sense that that Soukaigi part would stop sounding cool unless my headphones got messed up (the 2:19 mark). It's the same on both my sound cards so it's not that.

Really simple piece of work, I guess could be perfect for chillaxing. Or Chill Axing.

Thanks for the comments about your headphones. I really appreciate it.

Uh? Nice sarcasm for no reason. Okay no more reviewing your tracks, even though I favor them a lot over many mixes due to their focused and constant-cool sounding nature. Crap I just reviewed all of them. As you can see, I'm mighty confused by your comment. You obviously don't seem to care about reviews if you can't say anything other than that, so I say all Darkesword mixes shouldn't have review threads from now on. How's that sound EH?

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHfux im tired

So I came back to say that this would really work in the game but that it's not something that I can listen to while HEY
I remember this from VGMix. All in all, I like Darke's first Metroid Prime arrangement better. This one could be good too, but, and I don't know if this is my headphones since this one cool bass part of Ziwtra's Soukaigi mix stopped working, the bass sounds really soft. I don't really like the EQ levels is all, but maybe I need new headphones (Sony MDR-7506, the wire gets run over by my desk chair a lot so a wire's been exposed which I electrical-tapisized). It makes no sense that that Soukaigi part would stop sounding cool unless my headphones got messed up (the 2:19 mark). It's the same on both my sound cards so it's not that.

Really simple piece of work, I guess could be perfect for chillaxing. Or Chill Axing.

Thanks for the comments about your headphones. I really appreciate it.

Uh? Nice sarcasm for no reason. Okay no more reviewing your tracks, even though I favor them a lot over many mixes due to their focused and constant-cool sounding nature. Crap I just reviewed all of them. As you can see, I'm mighty confused by your comment. You obviously don't seem to care about reviews if you can't say anything other than that, so I say all Darkesword mixes shouldn't have review threads from now on. How's that sound EH?

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHfux im tired

If you're going to review any piece on this site, don't start talking at length about your headphones and a completely unrelated remix.

It goes without saying that I always appreciate comments about my mixes. Comments about my mixes.

Not your headphones.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Actually, I can hear several game melodies in this one... the opening countermelody reminds me of Zelda: Link's Awakening (when you wake the Windfish). The main melody, isn't that also a part of Brinstar from Super Metroid? And then, in ANOTHER melody that seems to appear, or at least sound similar, is Diddy's Kong Quest's Hot Head Hop theme. And then of course you have original prime themes weave in and out... really a cool re-mix.

Actually, I can hear several game melodies in this one... the opening countermelody reminds me of Zelda: Link's Awakening (when you wake the Windfish). The main melody, isn't that also a part of Brinstar from Super Metroid? And then, in ANOTHER melody that seems to appear, or at least sound similar, is Diddy's Kong Quest's Hot Head Hop theme.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Actually, I can hear several game melodies in this one... the opening countermelody reminds me of Zelda: Link's Awakening (when you wake the Windfish). The main melody, isn't that also a part of Brinstar from Super Metroid? And then, in ANOTHER melody that seems to appear, or at least sound similar, is Diddy's Kong Quest's Hot Head Hop theme. And then of course you have original prime themes weave in and out... really a cool re-mix.

All that stuff you hear from other games is imaginative listening on your part. None of it is intentional, aside from the Brinstar part, which is in Metroid Prime 2.

It's not the first time people have heard things in my pieces that weren't there. Don't try to find subtleties in my arrangements like that; I rarely do anything on that level.

I'll find the subtleties I want, thank you very much... :-D

No but great re-mix man, I really like it.

I have had Metroid Prime 2 sitting in my room since it first came out, but I guess I've lost interest, since I never got that far... I'll have to pick it up and start playing again.

Much like Phendrana Drifts was my favorite music track in MP1, Torvus Bog was my favorite in MP2, and I find it very convenient that those happen to be the only tracks that have been mixed for their respective games, and that Darkesword did both of them. XD I like this mix, it really keeps the feeling of the original without being the same.

• 5 months later...

I downloaded this remix 2 days ago, and Ive already listened to it 21 times, :D

Definitely your best imo, DkS.

And about the subtleties Idk how you can find pieces from LoZLA...(KogeJoe's find)

Anyways...I love it, and I'll keep listening to it again and again. :D

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what's described as an oboe synth patch seems far too mellow to be an oboe (or even an English horn). It sounds more along the lines of a soprano saxophone.

That said, this is an excellent mesh of the two Torvus Bog themes.

Mmm, that would be a bassoon. The lack of strained vibrato typified in non-synthesized bassoons in the upper register threw me off; makes it sound like a mellow classical soprano sax.

On the whole, this remix works better than the ones done for the lower Brinstar/Maridia (Super Metroid) as I think it better captures the mood that the original themes were meant to set.

• 2 weeks later...

ahh, i have been too lazy as of late to plug my external HD back into my computer, so i've been doing without torvus clockwork. But I was sitting here just 4 minutes ago thinking and the song was playing in my head - it was like the telltale heart, i kid you not - so i plugged it in immediately and gave this song a good listen. Probably'll give it a few more, too.

Good stuff, very memorable, and.. bassoon! :D

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Really good remix here. I feel like the bass level may be a little strong on each pluck, at least on the low notes. It's doesn't bother me as the goes on, though.

My favorite thing about this song is how every just melds together so well. The acoustic synth mixture just works so well, and is addicting to listen to.

Again, really good mix. Thanks for making a Metroid Prime 2 mix, too. It needs more love!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Wow, the atmosphere here is really great - there's something very light yet tense to it. The abrasive percussive textures, which give this mix a bit of industrial vibe, are abolutely amazing, the glassy piano licks and soaring synths are great too. It's really a little different from other Darke's Works, but it's pretty cool nonetheless. Nice!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01507 - Metroid Prime 2 "Torvus Clockwork"