OCR03306 - Metroid "Footprints on Zebes"

Liontamer

Metroid being one of my favorite games/series ever, without even reading the liner notes on the song page, I recognized the source material used throughout the song, and I feel that the orchestral arrangement completely does it justice. The song is continually moving forward, and it brought a smile to my face when I heard the strings come in at 4:21, and the horn cameos at 5:20 and 5:30. The ambience at the beginning (and throughout) works well, the bold sections swell without becoming overpowering, and the final 'fanfare' section at 6.16 felt suitably grand and rewarding, I could really hear the dynamic range of the trumpet for the final measures. Amazing work! :lol:

I always like how ambitious your arrangements can be. This still retains the general mood of Metroid, but adapts it into an orchestration that utilizes a great deal of dynamic range and lets the brass players have some fun too, instead of mainly the strings players. The percussion work was also notable and well-executed, and I thought they helped anchor the track pretty often.

• 2 weeks later...

In one fell swoop, this track manages to encapsulate all the moods that the Metroid series represents. Dark, haunting, adventurous, mysterious, and a little bit of excitement here and there. What else could be said that hasn't been said already? Everything was flawless, and arranged so brilliantly, it could pass as an official arrangement produced by Nintendo. 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03306 - Metroid "Footprints on Zebes"
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

This is awesome, man. All the emotions and feelings I'd expect from an exploratory game with a haunting undertone like Metroid is present and accounted for here, with a beautiful orchestral arrangement that has tight production and very intelligent writing. This is as solid as a rock, good stuff!