PRC316 - Meeting the Desert (Zelda Twilight Princess)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 316
PRCv13-04

Hello everyone and Welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Three songs appeared on the ThaSauce page last round. One of them was a Bonus Mix by NinjaPenguinDan. Gercr got the most points, he defeated PlanarianHugger and claimed the win.

On 16-2-2016 at 7:41 PM, gercr said:

Hello !

Song: Gerudo Desert, from Zelda - Twilight Princess.

vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/wii/Gerudo_Desert.mid

vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/wii/Gerudo_Desert-1.mid

PRC316.jpg

Source: Zelda Twilight Princess (Wii) - Gerudo Desert

MIDI

MIDI 2

Source Information

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit

To submit a song at the compo page a ThaSauce account is required.

If anyone has problems with registering or uploading the song to ThaSauce, please upload the song somewhere else and post a download link in the thread. I recommend Soundcloud, don't forget to allow downloads to enable me to upload the song at ThaSauce.

To register and submit, do the following.

• Click the ThaSauce Link.
  • Click the 'You are not logged in' button in the upper right.
  • Click on 'register' (at the bottom).
  • Read the terms and click 'I agree to these terms'. If you don't agree with them, upload the song somewhere else and post a download link as mentioned above (by doing that, you allow me to upload the song at ThaSauce.
  • Continue the process by filling in your information.
  • You will get a question to confirm that you're not a robot. Here are some answers:
    • Name a compo: PRC
    • Who organizes One Hour Compo: Starla
    • Name a ThaSauce subdomain: compo.thasauce.net
    • Who created Mega Mans: Capcom
  • A confirmation mail will be send. There might be some issues with it (meaning that you don't get it), if that is the case, upload the song somewhere else as described above.
  • Once registered, login with your username and password, go to the mentioned page and submit the song. If you want submit two or more songs you can create multiple ThaSauce accounts or upload the song somewhere else and post the download link.

PRC instructions

• Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  • Entries must be posted in the  by Friday February 26th 2016 at 6:59 am ThaSauce time (14:00 UTC, 15:00 GMT), check the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  • You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can also upload it somewhere else and put a download link in this thread
  • Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted in this thread.
  • Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  • The winner of this round may select the source for PRC317.
  • The winner of PRC315, Gercr, can only take part by submitting a bonus mix.
  • You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC.png

PRC ThaSauce Home Page!

K, so. Had problems trying to make my ThaSauce account.. It's asking a weird question that I CANNOT ANSWER. (Name a ThaSauce subdomain, is this commom knowledge!???) so I am uploading to my soundcloud cause, yeah, problems. And I will be pretty busy Monday and on so I kindof needed to just get it uploaded one way or another. 

If i'm not doing things right, let me know! I don't mind so much if I don't get into this competition, as long as I learn the flow of these things so in the future I can participate again. Thanks for this opportunity!

8 hours ago, Kapden said:

K, so. Had problems trying to make my ThaSauce account.. It's asking a weird question that I CANNOT ANSWER. (Name a ThaSauce subdomain, is this commom knowledge!???) so I am uploading to my soundcloud cause, yeah, problems. And I will be pretty busy Monday and on so I kindof needed to just get it uploaded one way or another. 

If i'm not doing things right, let me know! I don't mind so much if I don't get into this competition, as long as I learn the flow of these things so in the future I can participate again. Thanks for this opportunity!

Didn't know about that question. Maybe it's enough to just fill in something (maybe try remix.thasauce.net or compo.thasauce.net).

If you don't make it before the deadline I'll upload the song myself, so it will be in for sure.

If you cannot vote you can send them by PM to me @Ocremix.

Awesome! I tried again, and this time it asked me who was in charge of One Hour Compo... Also something I didn't know off the top of my head (really thinking I'm a robot for sure) but that was easier to look up (it's starla if anyone else didn't know). Thanks!

16 hours ago, Kapden said:

Awesome! I tried again, and this time it asked me who was in charge of One Hour Compo... Also something I didn't know off the top of my head (really thinking I'm a robot for sure) but that was easier to look up (it's starla if anyone else didn't know). Thanks!

Great. I tested it myself and got the same question. I filled in 'bundeslang' but got the message that it was incorrect, so the answer does matter. I'll make a list of possible questions and answers.

22 hours ago, Bundeslang said:

Great. I tested it myself and got the same question. I filled in 'bundeslang' but got the message that it was incorrect, so the answer does matter. I'll make a list of possible questions and answers.

Another question is 'name a compo'.

'PRC' is correct.

The answer to the first question 'name a subdomain of ThaSauce' is 'compo.thasauce.net'

The question who created Mega Mans is a difficult one since you can think in different directions, but I guess 'Capcom' is the answer (and not Dr Light).

I'll add these answers to the guidelines.

6 hours ago, Bundeslang said:

One entry yet, so there will be an extension. Not 48 hours like usual, but this time only 44 hours. This will be the final extension. So the new deadline:

Friday February 26th, 6:59 AM ThaSauce Time (14:00 UTC, 15:00 GMT)

Yay! Not that I like needing an extension, but I have a WIP that just wasn't ready. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it in time.

Two entries appeared, as mentioned before there won't be a second extension. So:

Bonus.jpgGercr did a bonus mix for this round.

firstplace.jpgAnd the winner of PRC316 is Kapden

Congratulations Kapden, you are the winner of PRC316. You may select a source for the next round which starts as soon as possible after receiving the source.
Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before this Sunday (28 February), 10:59 AM ThaSauce time.

You may select any source for any game, but not a source with an OverClocked remix or a source which has been used in PRC before. An overview of the past PRC's can be found in the following links:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

You can still leave comments here or at the ThaSauce Page .