I am a new composer on the rise, hear me out!

dreamlandscheme

hello everyone!

my name is levan, and I produce soundtracks for video games and downtempo music. I am in the middle of composing for a game called Darklife 2, which is an inworld game in Second Life. I would like for you guys to see some of my compositions and let me know what you think of it and if you all have any ideas of how i can get some more gigs, that would be quite helpful. I charge about $50 for segments up to a minute long. And I do classical compositions And electornic ones too. Thanks for you time guys, I really appreciate it

here's the link: http://www.dreamlandscheme.com/videogamemusic.htm

thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As a fellow composer, I can understand your style and technique. I have to ask out of my curiousity, what host are you using (Nuendo, Cubase, Gigastudio, FL Studio?)

These are good compositions, just right for the realm of video games that they were created for. I applaud you on a job well done.

In all honesty, the only reason I don't charge for composing is that no one seems to give a damn about my music. It's not that I'm bad, it just seems to be this ironic truth that I am easily ignored/forgotten. If you actually do get gigs, then I'd have to know how it is that you do it. You may be a more likeable person than me, too. :P

Anyhow, great work. I look forward to hearing some more of your stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

hey man

thanks for the reply. Lets see. I use Abelton Live 6, and use some sounds for Reason. Abelton has been the best program i have used so far for mixing, mastering and effects. As for gigs, Its all pretty much a numbers game, the more people see your music the more chance you have of finding someone thats interested. I suggest getting a site together, i think you already might have one though. I just massesge some developers, send my demos out and so forth and sometimes someone replies and then you get references and you go from there. Its a lot of work. And as for doing it for free, I dont know if thats a good idea, because then everyone will expect you to do it for free, if you have confidence in yourself and your music itll show. At least ask for a small amount. Hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions!

maybe you can post me a link for your stuff? im curious.

Now as for my georgian friend:

prosta vapireb ro chemi musika xalxma moisminos, ravizi aba es saiti sadgaz vipove. ukve etri tamashistvis davamtavre musikis zera de exla kidev vapireb mushaobas. aba he.

-levan