OCR01508 - Castlevania III "Froggy Mosh"

djpretzel

• 9 months later...

Not bad for an intro. I'm still not a fan of the GM sound, but it works better in this mix. However, the lead guitar tone is not up to Mr. Gates' usual standard; they sound low-fi with no head room which is really disappointing. The pianos is WILDLY mechanical here, but a nice thought on breaking up the dynamics. The arrangement is still where this is at though even if some of the ideas weren't executed terribly well. The tempo change was a nice touch. Not my favorite from goat, but not terrible at all.

• 9 months later...

Wow I love this! It is easily my favorite Castlevania mix. I think it is the variety of instruments used and the rockish sound that really intrigues me. I especially love the guitar and piano together at 0:38 and 1:27. As other have said, the sampling could be better (though they aren't "bad") but the song is so good that it honestly doesn't make me like it any less.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01508 - Castlevania III "Froggy Mosh"
  • 2 years later...

It looks like most people have a complaint or two regarding this track, and I can clearly understand that, some stuff definitely could sound a little better, but I am a huge fan of this track anyways. It's got that sweet devil-ish/mad circus kind of vibe to it, and it's just pretty rocking. The break at 2:05 is pretty nice, and I simply love that synth at 2:30. The final section is quite solid too. Decent package overall, make sure to check this one out :)