[STAFF FOUND!] CastleMania - Castlevania Remix Album

DarkeSword

Alright, I'll make this short and sweet. I know we have the excellent Vampire Variations series of albums that covers the Castlevania series, but I'd like to propose a new CV album with a special twist.

CastleMania is an album of Castlevania remixes done in the style of pro-wrestler intro tracks. You know how all those wrestlers in the WWE have their own walk-in music? I want an album of remixes that casts Castlevania characters like Simon Belmont and Alucard as pro-wrestlers with their own entrance tracks. We can do the full production on these tracks too, with some light voice acting; an announcer introducing the character, the character themselves doing some catchphrase-filled crowdwork, some crowd noises to make it sound like it's at a big event arena.

I obviously cannot run this album, as I have Final Fantasy V to work on, along with this year's FGC albums and some other personal projects. I'm looking to put together a team to take this album project on, preferably someone with knowledge of Castlevania, or pro-wrestling, or both. It doesn't have to be a long album either; even a six-track EP would be cool.

Anyone game? I really want this to happen. The pun-based title is too good to pass up.

That sounds like it'd be crazy difficult to pull off, but it is pretty funny, hahah! Worked on a wrestler's intro music with Zoltan once, and I hear about friends working with wrestlers on twitter.. Wrestlers are using a lot more common music now it seems, so it's just kind of really cool sounding rock or rap beat that they walk in to. I may have to tell DCT about this project. Who do you think would direct it? 

Random thoughts, in no particular order:

1. To best approximate a real event, it would probably be best to have an equal number of heroes as villains.
  2. It would be pretty hilarious if the "Heel" wrestlers (monsters) went by their "actor" names from Castlevania I.  Boris Karloffice, Love Chaney, Christopher Bee, etc.
  3. Castlevania: Judgment has "official" character themes for several characters, both heroes and monsters.  Not that we'd have to stick with these, but they're a good starting point.
  4. There should probably be two versions, one with voiceovers, crowd noises, etc. and one without.  The one with could also have an announcers' intro and other "event" segments.
  5. I'm already planning on organizing an OCR-I for CCoI.  This might actually be a good opportunity for me to get my feet wet, since it would have a couple months' head start, and I'd need a co-director anyway--I can put in the time and effort, and I know Castlevania pretty well, but I have no album experience, I don't have a sufficiently good ear for quality standards, and the last pro wrestling event I watched was when The Undertaker made his WWF debut.  But if someone is willing to help with that side of things, I'd be happy to take on what I can.

On 2/23/2016 at 11:22 AM, DarkeSword said:

You've done alright with compos in the past, so you've got the organizational skills! It'd be great to have you heading things up. Let's get a pro-wrestling consultant to handle that side of the equation.

Thanks!  YouTube can help me with the lack of wrestling background, but it would be really great if I could get the help of someone who both knows the "genre" and has the ear to vet the submissions.  And even better would be if they'd worked on an album before so they can make sure I'm doing what needs to be done.  At the very least I need someone on ear duty.

• DarkeSword changed the title to [STAFF FOUND!] CastleMania - Castlevania Remix Album
  • DarkeSword locked this topic