Pokémon: Forget Ultra Sun and Moon, Core Game for Switch Announced

The Damned

8 hours ago, The Damned said:

The Japanese news and leaks are always so boring. Like that big announcement that "Meet Up At The Pokémon House?" (the current TV show in Japan) would have a new, exclusive, never-seen before video... which turned out to the the exact same clip from the Nintendo Direct weeks before.

Or when CoroCoro says they have a big surprise, and we get slightly different versions of the news we saw the week before from another site or magazine.

It's going to be nothing big or spectacular. I'd like to be proven wrong, of course, but the long history of Pokémon announcements and leaks tells me otherwise.

To be fair, the TV show video only said it would be a video never shown on TV before... and that trailer had never been on TV yet. They never said new footage lol

Also this is the official Twitter announcing news, just like they announced the starters trailer. It's nothing like that stupid TV show that everyone overreacted to the news with (and misinterpreted it too)

9 hours ago, MES Records said:

I hope so much Sun is good. I'd love to finally have a game to try and catch every Pokemon there is. Haven't done that since Silver and Gold.

Actually, all the sixth gen games come pretty close. X/Y has an amazing wild Pokemon selection and OR/AS reshuffle the wild Pokemon lineup in post game.

On 28.5.2016 at 0:50 AM, SystemsReady said:

Actually, all the sixth gen games come pretty close. X/Y has an amazing wild Pokemon selection and OR/AS reshuffle the wild Pokemon lineup in post game.

I played through both of them, but I only did so after Sun's announcement. It would feel strange to be to try and collect all of them now that a new one is coming out. But I guess I could start by catching the exclusives that surely won't be in the new games.

2 hours ago, MES Records said:

I played through both of them, but I only did so after Sun's announcement. It would feel strange to be to try and collect all of them now that a new one is coming out. But I guess I could start by catching the exclusives that surely won't be in the new games.

It isn't that hard if you have access to the GTS. For any non legendary you can put up a relatively decent pokemon for offer and you should get the pokemon you want in a day or less. Legendary pokemon might take a bit longer or require a better offer.

Minor update: it seems that if you're in Europe and Australia, you can now get a Mew from a code.

It doesn't seem to work in North America or other regions, though, so the rest f us are out of luck. Also, if you received the Mew from a GameStop/EB Games code, it will list it as already having been received.

The code is... MEW2016

Well. that's easy to remember.

Also related: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4dt0oo_pokemon-rumble-world_fun

11 hours ago, The Damned said:

Minor update: it seems that if you're in Europe and Australia, you can now get a Mew from a code.

It doesn't seem to work in North America or other regions, though, so the rest f us are out of luck. Also, if you received the Mew from a GameStop/EB Games code, it will list it as already having been received.

The code is... MEW2016

Well. that's easy to remember.

Also related: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4dt0oo_pokemon-rumble-world_fun

Also, the code apparently will not work if you've gotten the Mew from earlier this year already.

OK, new video is out.

Solgaleo is Psychic/Steel with the Full Metal Body ability (seems to prevent stats from being lowered as it showed a Salamence's Intimidate ability not working) and knows the move Sunsteel Strike. Takes a Salamence out inone hit, but not super effective. Likely a Fire-type attack, though... it might be a mixed type attack like Flying press? The name has "steel' in it,and Steel type isn't effective against Dragon, so I don't know what to make of it.

Lunala (the fancy looking night bat-god legendary) is Psychic/Ghost (fun type combo!) with the Shadow Shield ability. It knows the move Moongeist Beam. Whatever it does, it was super effective against a Gengar, so it's likely Ghost-type. Maybe a Ghost-type version of Hyper Beam?

Both moves are listed as hitting the target regardless of the target's ability. Like the Ability Mold Breaker, but in the form of an attack. So feel free to use  both moves against just about anything.

Customization trainers are back! You get four boy and four girl basic forms to to choose from.

New Professor is named Kukui, and lokos to be in his late 20s. They're making those Professors sexier and sexier each gen. Pic: Cj8snMCWUAQoD-k.png

Professor Kukui has a "mysterious" assistant named Lillie and that's all they show. Pic: Cj8s2l8WgAAG60m.png

Your new friend (maybe friendly rival?" is named Hau and he seems a bit too excited about things. Like, positive/happy just to be here excited. I don't like him already. :<

A Rotom has inhabited your Pokédex, so it will not only work with you, but talk with you as well. Seems to act like a in-game guide, as it will direct you to new places as you talk to other characters.

Painting-style map of the the new region, courtesy of Bulbapedia's Twitter account: Cj8sIK0WEAEFWyv.jpg

Game is out November 18th, as stated before.

If you're referring to the exploit on the 3DS's QR scanner and browser, I don't think it's the same kind of thing.

This seems to be a shortcut to completing your PokéDex. Remember the last couple of games where you couldn't search for Pokémon online if you've never seem them? Made it impossible to ask for trades when the system only lets you look up what you have seen before. Now, if you can't find it in-games, you can just scan it, and it will count towards capturing. Much easier.

Also, anything outside of the new generation will be available in the form of micro-transaction packs. Starters will be included in region-based packs, at $3.99 US each. You get the three starters from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos, or get all 18 starters in one pack for $19.99 US (BEST PRICE!). Regular pokémon (like Ratatta and Pidgey) will be offered in PokéDex Packs starting at $1.99 US, but come with ten to twenty basic forms of pokémon.

No, not realy, I'm just kidding.

Someone put together all the shorter Japanese clips that were released today into one video. Nothing super impressive or spoiler-y, but there are a few cutscenes and locations that weren't included in the English video.

Of note:

• Professor's house at 0:15
  • Lillie at a rope-bridge over a canyon/gorge/chasm/river/I don't know where that is a 0:30
  • 1:07, we see a sunet-colored city and beach, where a Slowpoke absentmindedly peering off into the distance as a girl in a swimsuit runs into the water

So, some minor new stuff from Japan as well. Also, more detailed footage of the new Rotom PokéDex.

Sunsteel Strike is not a fire-type move, as it dealt neutral damage to Salamence. Dragon types are resistant to fire. Most likely it is actually a steel-type or psychic-type move, as legendaries tend to get STAB from their signature moves.

Did anyone else see that the new Pokedex seems to be using the Sugimori art instead of in-game models for the Pokemon?? So cool! :D

Much higher quality images of the overworld, courtesy of DarthMeowMeow on Reddit.

http://imgur.com/a/GFf66

I count 14 PokéCenters across the entire map, so that's a good sign there are lots of places to travel to and explore. For reference (going by the in-game maps I'm looking at right now):

• Gen 1 had about 10 PokéCenters
  • Gen 2 had about 11
  • Gen 3 had 15
  • Gen 4 had about 14
  • Gen 5 had, depending upon if we're talking Black and White  or 2, 15 or so
  • Gen 6 had about 16

While there is no real correlation to amount of stuff to do in a game and the number of PokéCenters available, I would like to point out that it's well within the number of Centers in some of the more beefier games. Looks like we'll have a lot to do on allof those islands.

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/discover-pokemon-using-the-qr-scanner/

Details about the QR Code reader in the game. Basically, it just uses your PokéDex to show you the location of the pokémon you scanned.

It doesn't download anything, it doesn't unlock any secrets, it doesn't do anything except point you to the place you can find the scanned pokémon in your game.

I like this idea. It's simple and stays away from any kind of locked-away/transaction-ish/secret bullshit. It just... tells you where to find a pokémon if you haven't seen it yet.

• DarkeSword changed the title to Pokémon: Ultra Sun and Moon, Core Game for Switch Announced