Pokémon: Forget Ultra Sun and Moon, Core Game for Switch Announced

The Damned

I love that all the Island names in Poke Pelago are puns. Like Isle Abeens (Isle o' Beans, since you attract wild Pokemon with beans), Isle Aphun (Isle o' Fun, where apparently slave labor is considered an enjoyable activity by Pokemon), and Isle Evelup (I'll Level Up, where they train and presumably gain levels and stuff). Honestly, I love when your PC Pokemon are actually used for something else instead of just taking up space. Don't think there's been something like this since the Purification Chamber in Pokemon XD.

Also, is Mohn a confirmed Trial Captain cause it wouldn't surprise me if he was considering Sophocles seems to be in charge of Festival Plaza (which is where we change our clothes since we use the coins from there to buy them) and he's a Captain.

@Bleck Also okay with that. I love those leaked final forms. Especially if Litten's becomes Fire/Dark (but with the design I'd honestly be okay with another Fire/Fighting, tiresome though that typing may be for a starter).

Oh and Dartrix is totally even more Eleventh Doctor. He even has that hair strand in front of his face. And still has the bow tie. Because they're cool.

Yay! Finally evolutions of the starters!! Poor Popplio, it doesn't look to be redeeming itself in terms of appeal. I feel a little sorry for Rowlet too, that stage two is weird. I think I will be going with Litten this time around.

Not too fussed with Ash Greninja unless there is some decent bonus to changing form. I'll be playing the Demo though. (At least, once I finish my exams.)

Hooray for more minigames. More ways to get pokemon, items, and increase EV's. They could be fun. I'm still curious how IVs will be able to be improved.

On another note, There was a leak from a spanish site about an Ice stone.

I just remembered that PokéBank will allow you to send your pokémon from your VC versions of Red, Blue and Yellow to Sun and Moon. And so far, only Gen 1 pokémon have been shown to have Alolan variations. Could it be that you can only get Alolan Raichu by sending over your Raichu, Sandshrew, Vulpix, etc over from your RBY games?

I think they said that Exegguter is supposed to be native to Alola, but I haven't heard anything that says the same for any of the other Gen 1 pokémon getting Alolan forms.

Mmm, might be relevant: after downloading Keldeo, you should be able to get Hoopa afterward using a code for the mystery gift event, up through the 9th.

http://www.ibtimes.com/how-get-mythical-legendary-pokemon-hoopa-keldeo-volcanion-pokemon-x-y-omega-ruby-2425724

I didn't see it mentioned anywhere on here. I'll confirm whether this works or not when I get home tonight.

I've been trying to update the first post and title to reflect that, but the server keeps kicking it back with an error code. I put a post about it in Help, but a few days later, no replies.

I've been trying to update the topic since Saturday, but it won't let me. I can't even change the title anymore.

(EDIT: Yeah, just tried again right now, and it's still not letting me save any changes.)

So, in case anyone is wondering:

• Keledo, from WiFi until October 31st
  • Volcanion, from a GameStop/EBGames card with a code, from October 10th to October 31st
  • Hoopa, by entering the code 2016HOOPA, until October 31st
  • Darkrai, by entering the code DARKRAI20, until October 31st (If you got Darkrai from the previous event, this one is the same, so you can't get it again)

I've had my Keledos and Hoopas since the 1st, and hope to score a few extra cards once the event is unlocked.

Just remembered that the Regi event ends on the 31st, so if you never got them, Regice, Registeel and Regirock can all be obtained by accessing your Pokémon Bank account. Each one will have its special Ability instead of the the regular one, and because it's an event pokémon, at least three of six stats will be maxed out, so they aren't exactly useless, either.

Also, I can edit the first page again! Yay!

I wonder if there is any way to make my Muk (who hails from my Sapphire cart and has been transferred to each new generation) into the Alolan form.

I suspect that with the compatibility Pokémon Bank will get with the Virtual Console versions of RBY in January, only Gen 1 pokémon from those games will be able to convert (somehow) to their new Alolan forms.

Otherwise... I guess my Muk is still going to be weak to Psychic attacks.

But yeah, Type: Null gets a much better look and name with its evo. And it's speculated that it's somehow a clone or recreation of our Lord and Creator, Arceus (Blessed Be His Current Type). Similar looks, same kind of Ability (it's even called RKS, which sounds like Ar-Key-Us, which is the official pronunciation of Arceus), all that jazz. Could be fun.

Also... Olivia. Fuck damn, girl. I mean, just... daaaaayyyyum. :wub:

Yay for more Pokemon, more Alolan forms! And more stuff!! There are some cool new abilities coming out this generation. I hope some of them make it onto older pokemon. Not long to go before we can play the demo!!

It does look like gyms might not be a focus in this game.

On 10/14/2016 at 9:29 PM, The Damned said:

(it's even called RKS, which sounds like Ar-Key-Us, which is the official pronunciation of Arceus)

No, the JP (actual intended) name of Arceus is A-ru-se-u-su (アルセウス). Or "Ar-se-us". If Arceus was meant to be pronounced "Ar-Key-Us", it'd be spelled A-ru-ke-u-su, which it's not.

19 hours ago, SystemsReady said:

No, the JP (actual intended) name of Arceus is A-ru-se-u-su (アルセウス). Or "Ar-se-us". If Arceus was meant to be pronounced "Ar-Key-Us", it'd be spelled A-ru-ke-u-su, which it's not.

the pronunciation of "Lizardon" doesn't have anything to fuckin' do with how I pronounce "Charizard"

Anyone else having issues with the Eshop? I went to download the demo, but the eshop just hangs on the loading screen indefinitely. SpotPass, Mii Plaza, Browser, etc all work fine. I eventually just used the browser eshop(which drops it off as a gift) and downloaded it that way, but it's still a pain.

• DarkeSword changed the title to Pokémon: Ultra Sun and Moon, Core Game for Switch Announced