DAWs: CPU Performance vs Real Time Performance

This has been getting posted around a lot but I haven't seen it here yet.  If you are looking to increase the performance of your DAW here is an overview of the basics that show the different kinds of demands a DAW pc has over something such as a pc for editing video.  What's great is the amount of visual aides the guy has and how he explains everything in terms everyone can understand.  Definitely worth the watch. ...and just in case you are about to throw money at solving whatever problems you have, this guy explains how that may not be good enough to fix the problems you are having. 

Nice, good to see RGAmes making videos--that's a great breakdown of real-time buffer processing!

DPC Latency Checker is a must have: http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

I was referred to it back in 2009 when I built a computer that was giving me some weird latency problems and I was able to track down the issue to a Mother Board monitoring tool that installed with the MoBo drivers.  I consider DPCLat a requirement now for new builds.