CastleMania - A Castlevania/Pro Wrestling Concept Album

MindWanderer

10 minutes ago, MindWanderer said:

LOL... well, that's two of my three reasons for not putting OA down for it resolved.  I can't argue too much; while Evil's Symphonic Poem is his official theme, I personally like Heart of Fire a lot more.  (Plus, bending over backwards a little bit to get Will on board?  Totally worth it.)

oh! oops. Sorry OA. Hey I'll hit him up, we could collab maybe? I got a cool plan for it but OA Collab is also kewl maybe if he's game

20 hours ago, WillRock said:

oh! oops. Sorry OA. Hey I'll hit him up, we could collab maybe? I got a cool plan for it but OA Collab is also kewl maybe if he's game

I have to admit, after hearing OA's CCoI remix this week, which included Heart of Fire, I'd certainly be excited to have him work on that, too.  A WillRock/OA collab that included Evil's Symphonic Poem would be my dream scenario here.

8 hours ago, BONKERS said:

Oh man. This sounds like so much fun.

If only my instruments weren't in disrepair.

This just makes me want to make one of these into a Eurobeat song or something.

There aren't many pro wrestling themes along those lines, unfortunately.  Perhaps you could collab with someone?  HeavenWraith has offered to contribute guitar work to someone else's mix, but doesn't have time to do something on his own.

4 hours ago, Cyril the Wolf said:

A very kind person poked me. 

I'm actually very interested in doing something for Richter Belmont. 80's rock all the way baby. Rondo of Blood :3

Also, if anyone needs any backing vocals or anything, even rhythm guitar hit me up.

Divine Bloodlines?  You got it!

8 hours ago, BONKERS said:

ALSO: I highly suggest Hector being the Mexican!

Though Hugh Baldwin and Awake could easily do this too.

Hugh is the rival, not the protagonist; he doesn't really have a theme.  I was hoping for a villain luchador from a visual standpoint; our wrestler would simply be wearing a mask that resembled the monster he or she was named after.  Riddle, In Search of the Secret Spell and Den of Worship are the sources that seem like good matches to my ear.

2 minutes ago, VikingGuitar said:

I am tentatively interested in this, but it entirely depends on the timeframe.  If it ends up being September, probably gonna have to pass due to prior obligations.  If we're looking at something more like next year, I'm probably able to jump in. :-)

I have 10 claims already, but no theme song and only one optional villain, so if everyone does what they've already claimed, we're looking at a minimum of 15 tracks.  September is almost certainly out.  On the other hand, if it'll be a few months before you'd have a chance to get started, you probably shouldn't claim anything just yet.  Hopefully you'll get a chance later down the line, though!

6 minutes ago, DarkeSword said:

Let's make sure we cover a female wrestler and have her as a Diva. Shanoa or Sonia Belmont or whoever.

Shanoa and Medusa are already claimed, so we're already geared up for at least one Diva match!

I'd still like a tag team match as well, if that sparks anyone's interest.  The Mummy Men, the Creature and Igor, and the Lecarde sisters are premade teams, but if someone wants to build their own heel team with other monsters/villains, that'd be cool too.  For faces, one could do Soma and Julius or John and Jonathan Morris logically, but any combination that strikes someone's interest is fair game.  I just insist on them being same-sex for the sake of verisimilitude with the whole wrestling thing.  (Otherwise, Grant + Sypha or Jonathan + Charlotte would make the most sense.)

Who do we want to have be the "Diva" theme? I ask because I'm halfway done an arrangement for Shanoa and it's currently not "diva" style at all. I can make it sound like a WWE diva theme if you want, but I'd think Medusa or Sonia would be the best choice. The game made a point of showing that Shanoa was really modest, didn't smile much and had no interest in being the spotlight. She was kind of emotionless and fiercely committed to her mission - kinda the opposite of a "diva" in the modern sense of the word.

or am I misunderstanding? I don't watch wrestling. 

1 minute ago, AngelCityOutlaw said:

Who do we want to have be the "Diva" theme? I ask because I'm halfway done an arrangement for Shanoa and it's currently not "diva" style at all. I can make it sound like a WWE diva theme if you want, but I'd think Medusa or Sonia would be the best choice. The game made a point of showing that Shanoa was really modest, didn't smile much and had no interest in being the spotlight. She was kind of emotionless and fiercely committed to her mission - kinda the opposite of a "diva" in the modern sense of the word.

WWE uses the word "diva" to refer to all women in the industry.  I didn't know this until just now, but apparently it applies to not just its female wrestlers, but managers, announcers, etc.  Before 1999 it meant something else.

I'm flipping through a bunch of WWE diva theme songs, and I'm not seeing a whole lot of consistency.  Most have female singers or rappers, but some have males and some have none.  The genres seem to vary about as much as the men.  So I'm not sure what you could come up with that would be appropriate for CastleMania in general but not for a diva.

5 minutes ago, MindWanderer said:

WWE uses the word "diva" to refer to all women in the industry.  I didn't know this until just now, but apparently it applies to not just its female wrestlers, but managers, announcers, etc.  Before 1999 it meant something else.

I'm flipping through a bunch of WWE diva theme songs, and I'm not seeing a whole lot of consistency.  Most have female singers or rappers, but some have males and some have none.  The genres seem to vary about as much as the men.  So I'm not sure what you could come up with that would be appropriate for CastleMania in general but not for a diva.

Oh okay. I heard a couple on YouTube from WWE's official page and they sounded like generic 2010s club stuff and there are tons of fan videos compiling what I could only assume were their favorite diva entrance themes and they all sounded pretty similar to the tracks I heard on WWE's page. I wasn't sure if by "have her as a diva" Darkesword meant that "diva" was a specific type of character/wrestler  

10 hours ago, MindWanderer said:

Hugh is the rival, not the protagonist; he doesn't really have a theme.  I was hoping for a villain luchador from a visual standpoint; our wrestler would simply be wearing a mask that resembled the monster he or she was named after.  Riddle, In Search of the Secret Spell and Den of Worship are the sources that seem like good matches to my ear.

Erg, I get Hugh and Nathan mixed up.
I'm just going off what songs would fit it well in my head :P

18 hours ago, neshead80 said:

The first thing I heard in my head was Dance Of The Holy Man. I want to do that one. Although Wood Carving Partita would be good as a villain theme...

"Dance of the Holy Man" is better known as "Theme of Simon Belmont," which is taken.  It's also one of our headliners, so it needs to be one hell of a remix; Tuberz is heading up a collab for it.

"Wood Carving Partita" is the theme of the Long Library from Symphony of the Night.  I can see that as being used as the theme for the Master Librarian, but I don't see him being a wrestler.  He's not really a villain, either.  Unfortunately, managers don't get themes, or I'd suggest that--although if someone wanted to use that source as a mini-introduction, used for when a manager introduces their wrestler, I'd be OK with that.

The first post of this thread has some suggestions for wrestlers and their themes.  I'm willing to hear other suggestions, but those are a good starting place.

• 2 weeks later...

The claim list is really shaping up!  I'm getting hyped!  Still need a few more villains to be covered to even things out, but seeing as how this project is less than a month old, I'm not worried at all.

It occurs to me that we really ought to have at least one explicit tribute to Xavier Woods, the gamer wrestler.  Here's a playlist of his theme songs, and there's quite a range: some rap, some funk, and even one dubstep.  While I think it would be hilarious to base this off of Sypha's theme for the pun ("Mad Forest"), anything would be fine.  His first theme song, "It's Complicated," the dubstep one, reminds me a lot of both "Riddle"* and "Wicked Child."  But we're badly lacking in rap at the moment, too--we really need some rap to be representative of the genre.

Also, there's a great new Workshop tool here on OCR that makes it much easier to find collaborators.  Most WWE theme songs do include vocals of some sort, so I encourage everyone who's not doing their own vocals to take a look here to see if they can find someone to help with that.  Similarly, if anyone has an idea for an arrangement wants to use an instrument you don't play yourself, you can try using that tool to find someone to fill the gap.

* I'm really hoping someone will take Doppelganger one way or another, because I'd like the script and art to play on the concept of a doppelganger wrestler--someone who always wears a mask shaped like his opponent's face and imitates their signature moves.