OCR03336 - *YES* Wild Guns 'Amputate Your Metal' *PROJECT*

Emunator

ReMixer name - Mak Eightman
real name- Max V. Kravchenko
email address- corp8 at mail dot ru
userid: 32137 

Submission Information:
 Title - "Amputate your metal" (by Pu_freak)

Name of game arranged - Wild Guns

System: SNES

Name of individual song arranged - Boss theme
 Link to the original soundtrack - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxBGIe00ecU

BadAss vol.3 project.
Director: pu_freak

Hello! 
Pu_freak offered me to remix this source and here I am. Never knew about this game(so as and any SNES games), but pu_freak's request is sacred.

I aimed at Therion's album "Theli" from 1997, adding some Rammstein and my own soundings. 
That track has lot of discussions and disputes about mixing and mastering. That was ended when Timaeus took mixing and mastering job. But.. 
Some time has pass since then. I learned a lot and wanted to try something by my own way. Here it is. Loud as hell and good to my tastes.

THANK YOU!

SFME!!!
Best of all! 

Source: 

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty good choice of sounds, guys the arrangement naturally and enhances the soundscape of the original. I do think the drums feel a little bit on autopilot, and maybe the kick could have had a bit more presence in the mix, but overall the production was pretty solid.

The arrangement also guys the original, with the brass giving that would west feel, along with the descending runs used throughout. Definitely a lot of energy to go around! 

I enjoyed this quite a bit!

Yes

Production seems ok to my ears, the bass seemed like it could've had more presence, and is sorely missing in most of the mix, making it feel tinny at times, and not as full as it could be.  In the sections where it can be heard it lacks definition and its more of a distant rumble than an instrument being played, in contrast with pretty much every other element which feels like it has its own well-defined space.  

The arrangement however works very well, and I enjoyed the mix of orchestral and metal elements throughout.  These kind of genre fusions tend to have a certain sound to them sometimes, almost generic, however I felt that some of the structure and arrangement choices served the mix well to evade this.  the lead at 03:12 was odd sounding at first, but it ended up growing on me and it definitely added character to the arrangement.  the 3:32 little variation is a good representation of what I mean here.   Overall, structure was sound and interpretation abundant.  Keep the Wild Gun remixes coming.

YES

• Sir_NutS changed the title to 2015/06/25 - (2Y) Wild Guns 'Amputate Your Metal' *PROJECT*

I can always count on Max for a high-energy, enjoyable arrangement and this is no exception. I love the use of the orchestra here, and the solo section towards the end is pretty audacious (reminded me of a Tom Morello solo). I did notice some mixing issues here though. The intro (and its uses thereafter) get pretty crowded with the orchestra, brass, guitar, and drums all fighting for attention. I think a lower pitched snare would actually free up some room there, as well as sound better in the well-balanced non-orchestral sections. The strings are also a bit loud in the breakdown section; dynamically it would have sounded better softer. I don't think it's enough to reject since most of the song sounds freakin' great.

YES

This is very nice! Great energy, I love the super-tight rhythm guitars. Good mixing overall, most of the elements are well-defined, although I agree the bombastic parts (like ~1:00 and ~2:00) sounded overcrowded in the mids/highs, and the bass seemed to lack presence overall. Those are my only two issues with this track, and it's definitely still over the bar.

Killer track!

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03336 - *YES* Wild Guns 'Amputate Your Metal' *PROJECT*
  • DaMonz locked this topic