OCR03374 - *YES* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Burning Ice'

Emunator

Hello guys 
We're back again to submit to you another arragement.
We've made a video (in the youtube link below) we wonder if you could use it on your website ?
Thx a lot !

Information needed : 
  • Time : 2'46
  • ReMixer name : Shinray
  • Name of game arranged : "Sonic the Hedgehog 3"
  • Name of arrangement : "Burning Ice"
  • Name of individual song(s) arranged : "Ice Cap Zone Act 1 & 2"

Thank you OC Remix
Best regards

Benoit

Shinray

The live band elements are super tight, as expected! Like the Golden Axe cover, this doesn't exactly reinvent the wheel when it comes to Ice Cap Zone mixes, but you've brought a lot of fresh ideas to the table. The lead and rhythm guitars were certainly a highlight but nobody in the band was slacking on this track. 

My only two nitpicks on this - the lead synth is somewhat quiet in the mix, and I wasn't a fan of that trance rhythm fill that repeated itself a few times throughout the mix. To be honest, I thought it cheapened an otherwise-awesome cover because of how generic it sounded. No biggie, others may enjoy it but that was a weak link here.

Pretty easy YES for me. Love the video, definitely excited to see what you come up with next!

YES

The little blips and synth ear candy in the background was a bit buried, but otherwise the energy and performances here were amazing. This should get some love from people who are cool with hearing Ice Cap done in a more intense way, as opposed to the purity police who need the mood/tone/energy to stay super close to the source tune upon penalty of death for not ticking every nostalgia box.

I'd say the production issues are similar to those with Shinray's Golden Axe II 'Ravaged Metal' sub, i.e. some production tweaks should have been made, but what's here is strong, creative and well-performed arranging regardless, so it's an easy YES. :-)

I was a bit skeptical when the song started out as almost an exact cover, but it progressed really nicely into a solid, well-performed, personalized version instead. Felt like it maybe relied a bit too much on the rhythm guitars and could have used a bit more lead work overall, but that's nitpicking. Production is super clean and I love it. Great work, guys.

YES

This song starts out pretty conservative but evolves pretty well, with expansions on the original melody and progression.  Loved the 1:10 section, which is sort of the start point where the song really starts exploring new ideas and developing the arrangement.  Really cool soloing that feels natural and flows dynamically between sections.    Not much to nitpick here at all, except maybe the lead synth at 1:27 not having enough presence at the front of the mix, but nothing that takes away from the overall enjoyment of this song.  Nice Work

YES

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR03374 - *YES* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Burning Ice'