*NO* Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Fez of Time'

Liontamer

A cover of the title screen music of OOT, in the style of FEZ OST.

- Remixer name: audiosprite
- website: soon to be audiosprite.com; currently soundcloud.com/audiosprite
- Number on forums: 25609

- Name of game: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Name of arrangement: Fez of Time
- Name of songs arranged: Title Theme
- Composer: Koji Kondo
- Inspired by Disasterpeace's synth lessons up on youtube, eg (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH04VJ8jxvo)

Thanks for listening,
John

-------------------------

Edited by Liontamer
closed decision

Man, I love this track, John, and it would have been a shoe-in back in, say, 2002, but it's just too short and underdeveloped for the current bar. It's well in the right direction, because what's here is interpretive and personalized; it definitely does a great job adopting the FEZ instrumentation style to OoT's title theme. However, at barely 2 minutes with a slow tempo and just one playthrough of the theme with no variations afterward, I'd argue it doesn't develop the concept enough and go to some other places. Even another minute's worth of this with some other variations or ideas presented could be enough to realize more of this idea's potential and get it posted. We'll see how other Js feel, but to me, the arrangement sounds great yet isn't substantive enough. It's not just a matter of song length, but the overall level of development.

NO (resubmit)

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2015/08/01 - (2N) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 'Fez of Time'

There's definitely a lot of merit here to the sound design and slow, deliberate progression, but I think Larry hit the nail on the head. By our site standards today, this doesn't really feel like a fully-realized concept. I need to hear something more in order to meet our bar for interpretation and development of the source tune. 

NO