Secret of Mana: Resonance of the Pure Land - History

Bahamut

Hello everyone!

I am back to help contribute to the community, and the next new album project I previously was getting together was for Secret of Mana. After a couple of years of mostly absence, I return to finish this good work up! This was started originally with the aim of getting it out in time for the 20th anniversary of Secret of Mana, but it came and went, and real life kept me too busy.

Directors: Bahamut, pu_freak

Here is the tracklist:

• 01 - Fear of the Heavens (claimed by Ergosonic)
  • 02 - A Curious Tale (claimed by Hylian Lemon)
  • 03 - Phantom and a Rose (claimed by zyko)
  • 04 - Together Always (claimed by Hakstock)
  • 05 - Fond Memories
  • 06 - Into the Thick of It (claimed by Ergosonic)
  • 07 - The Color of the Summer Sky (claimed by Rexy)
  • 08 - Dancing Animals (claimed by Guifrog)
  • 09 - Distant Thunder (claimed by halc)
  • 10 - The Little Sprite (claimed by Audio Fidelity, bustatunez, DrumUltimA, Jeff Ball, Abi Coffer)
  • 11 - It Happened One Evening (claimed by Guifrog)
  • 12 - In the Dead of Night
  • 13 - Mystic Invasion (claimed by evktalo)
  • 14 - Secret of the Arid Sands
  • 15 - What the Forest Taught Me (claimed by Harmony & djpretzel)
  • 16 - A Wish
  • 17 - Spirit of the Night (claimed by RebeccaETripp)
  • 18 - Did You See the Ocean (claimed by Ergosonic)
  • 19 - Danger (claimed by Sagnewshreds & jnWake)
  • 20 - Calm Before the Storm (claimed by PabloComa)
  • 21 - The Wind Never Ceases
  • 22 - Flight of the Unknown (claimed by Sagnewshreds)
  • 23 - Eternal Recurrence (claimed by pu_freak)
  • 24 - The Legend (claimed by Devastus)
  • 25 - A Bell is Tolling (claimed by Chernabogue)
  • 26 - A Curious Happening
  • 27 - Monarch on the Shore
  • 28 - The Dark Star (claimed by Darangen)
  • 29 - Prophecy (claimed by Sbeast)
  • 30 - Steel and Snare
  • 31 - Whisper and Mantra (claimed by RebeccaETripp)
  • 32 - Ceremony (claimed by Radiowar)
  • 33 - Morning is Here
  • 34 - Leave Time For Love (claimed by GaMetal)
  • 35 - Still of the Night (claimed by Ergosonic)
  • 37 - The Oracle (claimed by The Legendary Zoltan)
  • 38 - A Conclusion
  • 39 - I Won’t Forget (also rearranged in Seiken Densetsu 3 - Where Angels Fear to Tread)
  • 40 - One of Them is Hope
  • 41 - Meridian Dance (claimed by Fishy)
  • 42 - Now Flightless Wings (claimed by Mikeaudio)
  • 43 - The Second Truth From the Left (claimed by Sir Jordanius)
  • 44 - I Closed My Eyes (claimed by dannthr)

Red means claimed, but no WIP

Green means claimed, with a rough WIP

Purple means claimed, with a good progress WIP

Magenta means claimed, with a near completion WIP

Blue means the final wav is in my hands

More info to come shortly, but feel free to message me about unclaimed tracks (sources linked in tracklist) & proof of quality (if unposted mixer).

I officially rebooted the Secret of Mana project as an official OCR project, and now I am in search of dedicated musicians for the album! See the tracklist here.

I am also on the hunt for an energetic co-director who can critique tracks, keep a close eye on each person's progress, and help put their stamp on keeping the quality bar high.

Edit: Co-director found, artists still welcome :)

I could still be up for doing Little Sprite but I'd need some talent to pull it off. Want a live violinist who can shred. If @some1namedjeff is interested to play and riff off an arrangement, I'll put it together and claim it. Could also opt for @DrumUltimA to do some mallet/percussion and maybe @bustatunez for some basic flute/etc but need some fleshing to do around the violin first. Gotta keep that fast spirit alive so it'll need some real talent like those guys.

dannthr - what track would you like to do?

Jay - I'll mark you down, I'm sure finding the live instrumentation you want will be possible. I know Doug mentioned to me he'd be willing to collab when I talked to him last week, and there are a couple of violinists around the community. I'll help contact people you need if you want.

9 minutes ago, Bahamut said:

Jay - I'll mark you down, I'm sure finding the live instrumentation you want will be possible. I know Doug mentioned to me he'd be willing to collab when I talked to him last week, and there are a couple of violinists around the community. I'll help contact people you need if you want.

Let's see if Jeff responds. He's what came to mind for the part but I do feel like I need another lead for color. Not certain what and the obvious for a flute is not something I'm sure of but I would have someone in mind for that. 

If someone out there had a desire and wanted to riff on the melody with some variations that could serve as a spring board. 

A live upbeat realistic performance riffing on the sections with variations is my general idea. Fleshing out the instrumentation and giving it new life. 

1 hour ago, Bahamut said:

I could do "I Closed My Eyes."

Are we allowed to take liberties with additional source material?

I'd be more than happy to help finish this project.  I'm not a posted mixer but I have contributed work to the Materia Collective's FF8 album:

If you'd like to have me on the project, two tracks that interest me are Secret of the Arid Sands and A Curious Happening.

9 hours ago, jnWake said:

Glad to see this revived.

I've always thought "Danger" could be remixed in the style of prog. metal band Andromeda: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOlPFPW5Tuo.

Not sure if I should try claiming it though...

Yo dude I would be super down to collab on a prog metal version of Danger! Not sure if you're trying to do that. Danger is the first track that comes to my mind when it comes to stuff from SoM that I would want to do :D. I believe you already heard my stuff because you hooked me up with some feedback on my thrash metal FF6 remix in the workshop section (which I still have to respond to...haven't had a ton of time in the past week!)

With that said, if anyone wants a collaborator I'd love to work with someone on a remix! I can lay down guitar tracks/solos and help with arranging, but mixing/production is not my strong suit.

I'd loooove to claim Flight of the Unknown if that's cool. I don't have any posted remixes, but I'm doing stuff for the FF3, FF8 albums and others as well(I probably wouldn't be able to get a solid WIP together until I make more progress on those in the next month or two though). I'd also definitely be open to collaborating on it with people. Have a few ideas for an arrangement. You can check out the stuff I did for DoD or just click the Soundcloud link in my sig to hear my other remixes. I'm pretty new to the scene so the mixing in my 2015 entries isn't so great, but I think my most recent FF6 DoD entry sounds pretty good.

If I can't claim any tracks then I'd love to collab on someone else's.

• Liontamer changed the title to Secret of Mana: Resonance of the Pure Land - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic