Secret of Mana: Resonance of the Pure Land - History

Bahamut

Secret of Mana Project

This is a continiuation of the SoM project thread by Bahamut. Since Bahamut has much less time on his hands to co-direct this project due to an awesome job promotion (congrats man!), I'm taking the lead on this project. Bahamut will be there to evaluate songs, but his role will be a lot smaller. That said: Welcome to the new Secret of Mana project thread! First of all, the basics:

Staff:

Directors: pu_freak, Bahamut
Assistant director: Not found yet
Mastering: Not found yet
Site builder: Not found yet
Art: keiiii, Odai

Project Forums:

http://SoMOCR.proboards.com/

Tracklist:

Finished WAV (6):

• 08 - Dancing Animals (Guifrog)
  • 11 - It Happened Once (Guifrog)
  • 24 - The Legend (Devastus)
  • 32 - Ceremony (Radiowar)
  • 37 - The Oracle (The Legendary Zoltan)
  • 42 - Now Flightless Wings (Mikeaudio)
  • 43 - The Second Truth From the Left (Sir Jordanius)

Substantial WIP (1):

• 09 - Distant Thunder (halc)

WIP (2):

• 02 - A Curious Tale (Hylian Lemon)
  • 20 - Calm before the Storm (PabloComa)

Claim (21):

• 01 - Fear of the Heavens (Ergosonic)
  • 03 - Phantom and a Rose (zyko)
  • 04 - Together Always (Hakstock)
  • 06 - Into the Thick of It (Ergosonic)
  • 07 - The Color of the Summer Sky (Rexy)
  • 10 - The Little Sprite (Audio Fidelity, bustatunez, DrumUltimA, Jeff Ball, Abi Coffer)
  • 15 - What the Forest Taught Me (Harmony & djpretzel)
  • 17 - Spirit of the Night (RebeccaETripp)
  • 18 - Did You See the Ocean (Ergosonic)
  • 19 - Danger (Sagnewshreds & jnWake)
  • 22 - Flight of the Unknown (Sagnewshreds)
  • 23 - Eternal Recurrence (pu_freak)
  • 25 - A Bell is Tolling (Chernabogue)
  • 26 - A Curious Happening (Jorito)
  • 28 - The Dark Star (Darangen)
  • 29 - Prophecy (Sbeast)
  • 31 - Whisper and Mantra (RebeccaETripp)
  • 34 - Leave Time For Love (GaMetal)
  • 35 - Still of the Night (Ergosonic)
  • 41 - Meridian Dance (Fishy)
  • 44 - I Closed My Eyes (dannthr)

Up for grabs (13):

• 05 - Fond Memories
  • 12 - In the Dead of Night
  • 13 - Mystic Invasion
  • 14 - Secret of the Arid Sands
  • 16 - A Wish
  • 21 - The Wind Never Ceases
  • 27 - Monarch on the Shore
  • 30 - Steel and Snare
  • 33 - Morning is Here
  • 38 - A Conclusion
  • 39 - I Won't Forget (als featured in SD3)
  • 40 - One of Them is Hope

Deadlines:

• November 1st
  • January 1st - ONLY WIPS ACCEPTED (no more claims)
  • March 1st
  • May 1st - ONLY SUBSTANTIAL WIPS ACCEPTED
  • July 1st
  • September 1st - FINAL CUT-OFF DATE

The deadlines are SET IN STONE. The project will not wait for a song to be finished; in other words: most likely, not every song on the soundtrack will be featured on the album. Too many albums have been delayed for far too long because of late addition mixes or slow mixers, which is damaging for the mixes already finished. You can miss one deadline, but otherwise, your song is up for grabs. This obviously doesn't count for the final deadline: if I don't have a WAV by then, your song won't be included on the album.

FAQ:

Can I join?
Of course, if you're a posted mixer and want to mix a song that's up for grabs you'll get a claim. If you're not a posted mixer, you'll have to show me a good WIP.

Can I mix a song that's already been mixed on the project?
I'd prefer if everybody chose a song that isn't featured yet. However, if you can show me a really good WIP from which I think is in a completely new direction than the song we already have, you can.

Is there a genre requirement?
No, you can do whatever you think fits the source. I do, however, prefer the mixes to be more on the conservative side than on the really liberal side.

What's the quality you're going for?
OCR-level quality; I will be really strict (ask the mixers from BadAss 3 :P) and will ask for many updates if we (the staff) feel like the track isn't good enough yet.

That's it for now!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8-10-2016 at 1:53 AM, Chernabogue said:

I've been quite quiet about my work on this project so far, but expect a substantial WIP from me in the coming week or so. :)

Great, thanks Alex!

In some less optimistic news, it seems that my current medical situation (migraine/epilepsy-related stuff) will most likely not allow me to commit the time to this project I require as a project director. I understand this is quite annoying since I've just taken the lead on this thing - and believe me, I'm bummed out as least as much as you guys. I can of course still bug people about deadlines, but that's not nearly enough to manage such a big project. So, we really need a replacement if we want to manage this succesffully :(

tl;dr: medical stuff, new management needed :( 

On 25-10-2016 at 10:52 PM, jnWake said:

I fear I won't be able to do much for this project. No promotions for me but several new projects have started in my life so my remixing time is barely nonexistent...

Does that mean you won't be able to do your collab? :( 

And I've put you down for A Curious Happening Jorito! Also: Hylian Lemon posted a WIP on the forums, so check it out! I'll give feedback next week

Man, Mystic Invasion is such a good track. Shame no one has taken up that as their source. I would, but I'm neither a published mixer and am involved with other projects the moment.

However, my day job is as a web developer, so I can probably assist with site needs. Just shoot me a PM with what the team is looking for and I'll make some recommendations.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, all.

I would like to throw my name in the hat for helping to direct this thing.  As I told @pu_freak and @Bahamut in a message, if you look at my profile, you won't find very much, I know.  HOWEVER, I am very familiar in coordinating many moving parts at the same time being a full time middle school music teacher.  I have been in the OCR community for a while, but got WAY back into it three years ago when my band Lonboxofchocolate formed in its current iteration - I linked our soundcloud page for reference if you want to hear how we sound.  We have, since then, published our own Undertale album on Overclocked Records (its almost posted), had multiple submissions accepted and posted by OCR, and have kept a regular arranging and recording schedule in addition to all of us having our varying adult responsibilities.

I love helping and seeing things through, so if I can help this thing get traction again, I would very much enjoy getting to know everyone's work so far and seeing where it needs to go from there!

Peace and love
- Hank "The Spank Tank" Jankerson -

I'm not the kind of guy to create a vision, but I am the kind of guy who can drive a vision and gets shit done and works with other people to get their shit done (ask Black_Doom or check the Sonic album thread where I was a co director for a reference). I feel I did a good job at the Sonic album giving feedback to artists, helping tracks to be the best they can be and assisting with all kinds of stuff where needed. I also collab'ed with Aaron before with great pleasure and success.

If there's a gap to fill and you guys think my skills would be an asset, I'm happy to step in and work with Aaron in seeing this through. If not, no harm no foul :)

On 11/22/2016 at 7:40 AM, HankTheSpankTankJankerson said:

Hello, all.

I would like to throw my name in the hat for helping to direct this thing.  As I told @pu_freak and @Bahamut in a message, if you look at my profile, you won't find very much, I know.  HOWEVER, I am very familiar in coordinating many moving parts at the same time being a full time middle school music teacher.  I have been in the OCR community for a while, but got WAY back into it three years ago when my band Lonboxofchocolate formed in its current iteration - I linked our soundcloud page for reference if you want to hear how we sound.  We have, since then, published our own Undertale album on Overclocked Records (its almost posted), had multiple submissions accepted and posted by OCR, and have kept a regular arranging and recording schedule in addition to all of us having our varying adult responsibilities.

I love helping and seeing things through, so if I can help this thing get traction again, I would very much enjoy getting to know everyone's work so far and seeing where it needs to go from there!

Peace and love
- Hank "The Spank Tank" Jankerson -

Slight quasi-tangent, though still related: I've followed your band on YouTube for probably a year now and LOVE your guys' work. If you can bring that polish to this project, I'm all for it, as subjectively unimportant as my opinion may or may not be. xD

18 hours ago, Ivaer said:

Slight quasi-tangent, though still related: I've followed your band on YouTube for probably a year now and LOVE your guys' work. If you can bring that polish to this project, I'm all for it, as subjectively unimportant as my opinion may or may not be. xD

Yo dude, thanks for the compliment though!  Our album is out now, too, on Overclocked Records

For the record, I second @Jorito and @HankTheSpankTankJankerson. Both have worked, and are continuing to work very hard on mine and @Trism's Paths Less Travelled album, overcoming obstacles and persevering with vision in their directions. They're also very skilled at what they do. Also I've worked beneath Jorito on the Sonic album, and it went tremendously smoothly. I think they'll make an excellent pairing to take this album forward.

So... yeah. Aaron and Jorrith FTW in my humble opinion.

17 minutes ago, Odai said:

For the record, I second @Jorito and @HankTheSpankTankJankerson. Both have worked, and are continuing to work very hard on mine and @Trism's Paths Less Travelled album, overcoming obstacles and persevering with vision in their directions. They're also very skilled at what they do. Also I've worked beneath Jorito on the Sonic album, and it went tremendously smoothly. I think they'll make an excellent pairing to take this album forward.

So... yeah. Aaron and Jorrith FTW in my humble opinion.

Seconded! Those guys both know their stuff and would make excellent directors/assistant directors/etc.

So for anybody reading along, we've got a trio of new directors for the Secret of Mana album project: yours truly, HankTheSpankTankJankerson and TheNikanoru. We're already discussing how we'll run the album, orienting ourselves and setting some things in motion behind the scenes. Somewhere in the next few days, we'll probably create a new topic with all the good stuff and get things moving again. See you on the other side :)

ROTPLfront.thumb.jpg.288d2352b03dbf7827d025d400972cb8.jpg

Staff

Director: Jorito
Co-director: The Nikanoru
Visual artist: Tabby
Remixers: Guifrog, Devastus, Radiowar, The Legendary Zoltan, Mikeaudio, Sir Jordanius, Hylian Lemon, PabloComa, Rexy, djpretzel, Sagnewshreds, Chernabogue, Jorito, Sbeast, Jonny Atma, Fishy, DS394, Kylok, ThirdKoopa, HeavyViper, Blake Inc., RebeccaETripp, Rozovian, Eino Keskitalo.
Performers: Smooth4lyfe (vocals), JohnStacy (brass), Sagnewshreds (guitar), LaurentheFlute (flute, vocals), JoyDreamer (vocals), Chris ~ Amaterasu (violin), Trev Wignall (violin), Furilas (bass), VGCelloMusic (cello), Kylok (alto sax), Pichu's Dad (tenor sax)
Audio support: Jorito

Track list

Disc 1: Popoi - The Magic of Mana

1. Variations of Fear - Kylok feat. Trev Wignall & Bree
  2. The Color Of The Summer Sky - Rexy
  3. Whispers - Jorito feat. JoyDreamer & John Stacy
  4. A Curious Tale - Hylian Lemon
  5. Firedust - Rebecca Tripp
  6. Masters Of Mischief - Jorito feat. Smooth4Lyfe
  7. Jema's Victory Groove - Pablo Coma feat. Pichu's Dad
  8. Secret Of Mozarella - Guifrog
  9. Steel And Wubz - DS
  10. Home From Here - Mikeaudio
  11. No Cab, Fan Pride: Boku No Infinite Thotty Gaiden - Sir Jordanius

Disc 2: Primm - Impetuous Encounters

1. What The Ocean Taught the Forest - djpretzel
  2. Kaleidoscope - Guifrog
  3. A Sunday Afternoon In August - Chernabogue feat. Furilas & Kylok
  4. Together We Will Stand - Eino Keskitalo & Jorito
  5. Beyond The Big Infinity - Jorito feat. Sagnewshreds
  6. Down The Rabite Hole - Lucas Guimaraes feat. Furilas, Marc Papeghin, VGCellomusic & Jorito
  7. The Ordeal - Devastus
  8. Eight Magics - Sagnewshreds
  9. The Changing Pattern Of Light - Radiowar
  10. There's A Dark Lich Hiding In There! - The Legendary Zoltan

Disc 3: Randi - Dedication and Determination

1. The Still Night Stirs - Rebecca Tripp
  2. In the Dead Of Night - Rozovian
  3. Blue Wolves And Ice - Kylok feat. Bree
  4. Footsteps To Destiny - Guifrog feat. Chris ~ Amaterasu
  5. The Future Foretold - Sbeast
  6. Leave Time For Love - GaMetal
  7. A Wistful Heart - Jorito feat. John Stacy & Lauren the Flute
  8. Meridian Dance - Fishy
  9. Shadows From The Past - Blake Inc.
  10. Reminiscence Beneath A Great Tree - HeavyViper

• Liontamer changed the title to Secret of Mana: Resonance of the Pure Land - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic