Secret of Mana: Resonance of the Pure Land - History

Bahamut

1 hour ago, Sagnewshreds said:

Yo dude I would be super down to collab on a prog metal version of Danger! Not sure if you're trying to do that. Danger is the first track that comes to my mind when it comes to stuff from SoM that I would want to do :D. I believe you already heard my stuff because you hooked me up with some feedback on my thrash metal FF6 remix in the workshop section (which I still have to respond to...haven't had a ton of time in the past week!)

With that said, if anyone wants a collaborator I'd love to work with someone on a remix! I can lay down guitar tracks/solos and help with arranging, but mixing/production is not my strong suit.

I'd loooove to claim Flight of the Unknown if that's cool. I don't have any posted remixes, but I'm doing stuff for the FF3, FF8 albums and others as well(I probably wouldn't be able to get a solid WIP together until I make more progress on those in the next month or two though). I'd also definitely be open to collaborating on it with people. Have a few ideas for an arrangement. You can check out the stuff I did for DoD or just click the Soundcloud link in my sig to hear my other remixes. I'm pretty new to the scene so the mixing in my 2015 entries isn't so great, but I think my most recent FF6 DoD entry sounds pretty good.

If I can't claim any tracks then I'd love to collab on someone else's.

That sounds interesting! Your material in that WIP was pretty good.

If Bahamut is up for it I could claim Danger then.

I dropped "I Closed My Eyes" and "A Conclusion" I believe it was because I knew someone else would be able to claim them and deliver on them good before I could.. I was going to focus on Lufia 2 and get those songs done first! But if there's anything left that appeals to me here when I'm able to tackle one, I will be back on board! I'm excited to see what Dan does with "I Closed My Eyes"

On 3/5/2016 at 3:48 AM, Odai said:

Do you need an artist for the cover? Tell me you need an artist for the cover. Words cannot express what this game means to me. Please say yes. Let me art it. Link to my portfolio in my signature.... 
Thanks!

We could do an artist tribute album book with liner notes or stories from the contributors on what SoM means to them--and then send it to Hiroki Kikuta.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2016 at 4:30 AM, dannthr said:

We could do an artist tribute album book with liner notes or stories from the contributors on what SoM means to them--and then send it to Hiroki Kikuta.

I'm not contributing to this- I AM following it excitedly- but that sounds like an amazing thing to do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As far as I know, it is! :D  I'm still in, anyhow, I just have time complications at the moment.

The only time line I've seen on this (and maybe I just missed it) was that things were going to come together in the second half of this year--so it seemed like I had some time, yo! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Alright guys, sorry for the lack of updates. Bahamut just got a LOT busier with real life, so I will be taking the lead and he will take on a more assisting role. That means: let's get this show on the road! I'll be asking the mods if I can take over the first post, otherwise I'll be making a new thread. 

In the meanwhile: we have new project forums and we have WIP deadlines! I think the OCR sub-forums aren't really convenient, so everyone involved in the project should register here:

http://SoMOCR.proboards.com

The forum is also where we will be posting WIPs for feedback.

We wil be having a deadline every two months, with a final cut-off date in one year. That means this will NOT be an album where the entire soundtrack is mixed, but rather an album that will be released within two years. If you miss your second deadline, your claim is gone and anyone can take the tracks. Starting from May 1st we will only accept substantial WIPs (where the arrangement is at least 80% done).

So the deadlines are:

November 1st

January 1st

March 1st

May 1st - ONLY SUBSTANTIAL WIPS ACCEPTED

July 1st

September 1st - FINAL CUT-OFF DATE

Good luck guys!

That's good news @pu_freak of you joining as a director! On a bluesier note.. I think I'll better drop the claim for Mystic Invasion. I have ridiculously little time for music recently and too many project claims just waiting forever to be finished.. but I also had this really clear, inspired vision of the way I would arrange the track, and now later I have no idea if I'd have what it takes to realize it. So I think it's better to not take up the space, so someone else can grab the tune and do something great with it. Good luck with the album!

On 11-9-2016 at 5:34 PM, evktalo said:

That's good new @pu_freak of you joining as a director! On a bluesier note.. I think I'll better drop the claim for Mystic Invasion. I have ridiculously little time for music recently and too many project claims just waiting forever to be finished.. but I also had this really clear, inspired vision of the way I would arrange the track, and now later I have no idea if I'd have what it takes to realize it. So I think it's better to not take up the space, so someone else can grab the tune and do something great with it. Good luck with the album!

Sorry to hear that man, but thanks for the heads up!

EDIT: I PM'ed all the artists that have a claim/WIP for this project. If you didn't recieve anything, please let me know!

• Liontamer changed the title to Secret of Mana: Resonance of the Pure Land - History
  • Liontamer locked this topic