Live Performers Database

Ladies and gentlemen:

The Live Performers Database

Coded by Xerol.

If you play a live instrument and would like to offer your skills for collaborations, join the database. It is still a work in progress, but is already effectively functional as a searchable (by instrument) database of live performers. So if you play a live instrument, add yourself to the database! (don't forget to go to "my account" and add your info after creating your account).

And, of course, if you are in search of a live performer, USE THIS RESOURCE!

Old live performers thread (for archival purposes): http://www.ocremix.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=48200

I've added a randomizer to the front page, for two purposes - to give people exposure (so the requests get spread around a bit) and to demonstrate the best way to organise your 'skills' section. It should just be a simple listing of instruments; any details should be put into other fields.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'll probably have time to work on it tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

I'm remixing Bubblemans stage theme from Megaman 2 by request of a friend and they want to hear some bassoon and bass flute on the remix. If there is anybody who can play either (or even have samples that I could clip from) please colab. If you play the instrument yourself I will treat the remix as colab work and will add your name to it. You can find a wip version of the remix Here to give it a listen. (not an OCR by the way)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Don't we have features for this in our OCRemix profiles now?

That may be true, but:

1) It's not just a service for OCR, this is meant to be used across the entire community.

2) It was also meant to be a public listing of musical services available; as far as I know, OCR profiles aren't public.

3) It's not hurting anything by keeping it up; the whole thing uses a tiny fraction of my total space and bandwidth.

• 4 months later...

I don't understand the advantages to having this. Is there a way to advertise a need for a performer on a certain instrument on this site, or do I have to e-mail everyone who might meet the qualifications asking if they're available?

(btw, I need someone who can play and record an alto or tenor saxophone solo for an FF6 arrangement)

I believe this is like an info exchange point, like those tack boards with lists of various jobs and such on them: you leave your info and then people can have easier ways to search out talent for their musical happenings.

I think this is an awesome idea, I'm already registered as Syl. This'll really get people connected if we take advantage of it. Sorta like Collab... though I never used that. >_>

Great idea, guys.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm a violinist with about ten years of experince. I'm very good with my virbato, pitch, and prouducing near-perfect dyamics! I"m also pretty decent at play Half, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd postion on the violin.

However, over the internet, I will not be able to help out until I get the money to get myself my own recording tools! However, I figure I could get together to do a live remix. I'm thinking of going to the local community college I'm plan on attending this summer and get a couple of guys and girls in my hometown.

Currently, I am working on doing a classic Final Fantasy (I-VI) Overworld/Main Theme/Map Theme melody. At the end of the melody, I plan on playing the Final Fantasy theme. Then finally, the arrangement will fade out with the Prelude.

I could do Violin 1 (Which is the melody), however, I need to slipt parts up for Violin 2, Viola, Cello, and Bass. I need guys who can play the viola, cello, and bass (orcestra).

That may be true, but:

1) It's not just a service for OCR, this is meant to be used across the entire community.

2) It was also meant to be a public listing of musical services available; as far as I know, OCR profiles aren't public.

3) It's not hurting anything by keeping it up; the whole thing uses a tiny fraction of my total space and bandwidth.

1.) Nothing prevents "the community" from using OCR for this purpose. Nothing about our forums is particularly less "community" than any other site's forums, including TS.

2.) They are.

3.) True, doesn't hurt, but keep your eyes peeled this weekend and see what I've come up with, then decide whether it's worth adding to TS.

No offense meant on any of that; thanks for getting the ball rolling. I ultimately think that OCR's forum profiles combined with a custom frontend will provide the best solution, for OCR and the community, but hell, I could be biased :smile:

• 3 weeks later...