Need a sample, synth, or effect? LOOK HERE!

zircon

Hi, I'm looking for a good drum set thats good for rock music. I've already tried looking at Hammersound, homemusician, and sf2midi. I still can't find what I want. Can anyone help me?

http://naturalstudio.co.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?t=548

NSkit is probably the best free drum soundfont you can find. Personally I like the kick drums, the hi-hats and the snares, but for my toms and cymbals I generally turn to other soundfonts. It does require a lot of processing, but the results are amazing for a free kit.

• 2 weeks later...
oh cool. this thread is for requesting and contributing samples.

nice work on shitting it up!

make a new thread next time you feel like dictating others on how to produce music.

cheers.

Yeah dude...this totally went out of control. I think this thread needs to be edited so that only Zircon and the ones who were being constructive remain in it.

Sensei-Tan, do you know of any free electric guitar samples?? Samplefusion only has muted and power chords for free...the rest you have to buy in expensive CD's. And I haven't found any good SF2.'s

You can do some amazing things even with free/cheap/cheesy samples/soundfonts, but you it will probably never sound like a real guitar, so you can pretty much forget about that, sorry. =P

Electric Guitars really aren't that hard to get recorded, and I'm sure there's lots of people available who can play something for you. For now, just make sure you finish your remix using fake samples, and when it's done, find someone who can play it for you. It's way better than spending hundreds of dollars on expensive guitar samples, and the result will ALMOST always be better.

You can do some amazing things even with free/cheap/cheesy samples/soundfonts, but you it will probably never sound like a real guitar, so you can pretty much forget about that, sorry. =P

Electric Guitars really aren't that hard to get recorded, and I'm sure there's lots of people available who can play something for you. For now, just make sure you finish your remix using fake samples, and when it's done, find someone who can play it for you. It's way better than spending hundreds of dollars on expensive guitar samples, and the result will ALMOST always be better.

Okay I'll do that Sensei, I know a few ppl who I can ask anyways *whistles and tries not to look Sensei Tan's way*.

I'm in dire need of a certain sound. It's a quick choral "ohm" or "zohm" kind of sound, but there's a number of ways it could go. Here's a couple of examples of what I'm talking about, as I suck at describing it.

The more like these examples it is, the better:

EXAMPLE 1

EXAMPLE 2

If one of you could post just a clean WAV or maybe a soundfont containing this sound, I'd be eternally grateful. If you can't, any kind of quick choral burst or something kind of like that (like a "hah" or anything like that) would also suffice.

It's got to be quick though, because this particular project I'm working on has a deadline which happens to be very soon.

Here you go guys. Beatslaughter linked this to me:

http://www.thebustydozen.com/

contains:

• 196MB Film score samples (44.1kHz, 24 bit wav)
  • 259MB Kontakt instruments (44.1kHz, 16 bit wav)
  • 6MB Battery kits (44.1kHz, 16 bit wav)
  • 91MB Loops in Rex and Acid format (44.1kHz, 16 bit)
  • 3MB One shots (44.1kHz, 16 bit wav)

I don't know the quality of these since I haven't tried it, but it's free and free is good :)

Tried the Magical 8-bit Plugin?

http://www.ymck.net/english/download/index.html

nice, i love ymck. thanks ogre kyuu-juu-ichi

on another note, anyone know where i can get jazz drum soundfonts. those in particular are pretty hard to find. or just any drum soundfonts that work well with soft jazz (don't even necessarily need a brush sound). that'd be sweet.

nice, i love ymck. thanks ogre kyuu-juu-ichi

on another note, anyone know where i can get jazz drum soundfonts. those in particular are pretty hard to find. or just any drum soundfonts that work well with soft jazz (don't even necessarily need a brush sound). that'd be sweet.

Domo arigato.

For jazz drums, I'd probably go with the Airfont 320. It's somewhere on the net, and one of the drum fonts has a brush snare.

This is maybe a little loose request, but I would like the names of the ones that Freemind and GL uses in the Halo "mahabharath highlands" remix, + the ones that freemind uses in his remix of morrowind "The Final Stage". If I have misunderstood this thread please say so.

-Tobias:<

I'm looking for chiptune (gameboy or NES style primarily) soundfonts or VSTs. Already Googled and found nothing.

i made a tiny little nintendo vsti.

http://hosting.thasauce.net/suzumebachi/nintiny_vsti_v003b.rar

it's by no means perfect, but maybe it can get the job done. i've been meaning to work on it some more but i just haven't had the time.

It's a german website for those non-german speakers. Regardless with a lil common it's easy to find your way around.

http://www.yellowtools.us/cp21/cms/index.php?id=782

2gb of free samples. Reviews on KVR are pretty positive. It works for both Mac and PC. Def something to check if you are looking for some quality sounds for free.