Need a sample, synth, or effect? LOOK HERE!

zircon

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For years I've had a concept for a Street Fighter 2 and/or Mortal Kombat 3 remix stuck in my head. After recently seeing Hyadain's "The World Warrior" on Youtube, my interest in my own project is rekindled, though it will be something different. The only problem is that I have never known where to look for sound effects ripped from SF2 or MK3, mostly of moves including vocalizations. I have the SPC collections for each game, but they only contain a couple effects used on the game menus and such.

I could probably figure out how to rip the effects from the games myself, but I thought I'd ask around to see if they're out there already.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking for a recording of a female with a very heavy american accent saying "you have no new messages" (its for a song I'm doing, so if someone wants to record it, there will be free promotion for that person :)!!)

I'm not even slightly picky :P

(I've tried freesound already, before anyone suggests it :tomatoface:)

Hey, so I'm using Finale, and I'm wondering if there's anyway I can have that rolling cymbal effect. Not a clash, but that gentle rolling sound of it growing and then shrinking back down. Almost like a sudden breeze. Is there anyway to achieve this sound using Finale?

Well, to be honest, I went online and asked a finale staff person through their help system. He said Finale didn't have it. He did say that there was a way to add instruments to Finale from outside sources, but I have no idea how to do that or where to get the sound. Do you?

By the way, thanks for responding :)

easy

you should be able to take other plug-in formats - AU/VST depending if your mac or pc

but check out kvraudio.com for free plugs

i recommend you get a soundfont player like this for pc

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1258.html

or this for mac

http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1062.html

now scour the net for soundfonts

- http://hammersound.com/cgi-bin/soundlink.pl

- http://www.soundfonts.it/?a=soundfonts&c=7

i found a cymbal already for ya to try

http://www.soundfonts.it/exec/zkdownload.pl?file=142-Cymbal_Roll.zip

not sure what it sounds like - but good luck

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I know, some of these quotes are over a year old, but the questions never seemed to be fully answered. Sorry.

A whistle, of the variety that might be heard in use by a referee or lifeguard (loud shrill noise, not like a person whistling with their mouth).

Something (or two sounds taken together) which sounds like a heartbeat.

A handclap.

In the free Kore Player from Native Instruments, the Latin Kit has a pretty decent whistle. Also, I'm pretty sure there's a handclap in there, somewhere.

However, for those three samples, your best bet would be to just do an audio search on Dogpile or something for "whistle" "heartbeat" and "hand clap." You'll probably find some decent WAVs out there.

Sensei-Tan, do you know of any free electric guitar samples?? Samplefusion only has muted and power chords for free...the rest you have to buy in expensive CD's. And I haven't found any good SF2.'s

Also in the Kore Player, the Lilac sound is really, really, good. Without a decent keyboard with a modwheel (and possibly expression pedals), it's tough to get an expressive solo, but it works really well for big power chords or simple leads.

Well, to be honest, I went online and asked a finale staff person through their help system. He said Finale didn't have it. He did say that there was a way to add instruments to Finale from outside sources, but I have no idea how to do that or where to get the sound. Do you?

By the way, thanks for responding :)

Finale 2009 can use any VST out there, but nothing before that can. I'm not sure how to add it, though, as I don't actually use Finale (too poor, and I'm against torrenting something I'd happily buy.)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but does anyone know where I can get some orchestral percussion? I'm using Garageband, and a lot of the stuff I find doesn't even work. all I've been able to find were some timpani's and a triangle sadly. I'm really wanting some bass, tenor, and snare drums. Thanks a ton everyone, =D.

-Blur

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lms2c5

i've been trying to find this particular shakuhachi (i assume) sound for ages with no luck at all. the tracks are from goemon's great adventure (n64). the one in the last clip might be a different sound but it's just as beautiful. i love the sexy attack on every note (i can't quite describe it in words). if anyone can help me with this i would be eternally indebted to you.

Anybody know of a good acoustic piano soundfont with a soft attack? I've been looking for one for a while and all the ones I've found are too hard.
You can adjust the attack on just about any decent soundfont player, so take your pick of the good SF's that are out there. Clavinova is pretty good, but TASCAM's CVI piano vst (free) is great. You can also easily adjust the attack on that as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, a quick search for violin turns up nothing. Anyway, I'm looking for a nice solo violin. I've been using DSK's strings VST. As a violinist, I thought it was decent as free VSTs go. Everyone who listens to my current WIP mix, however, disagrees. I haven't found any free soundfonts that come close to good. They're either recorded on less-than-ideal mics or they're just soundfonts of low-grade string synths. The only thing that I've found slightly intriguing is a quick look at Garritan Stradivarius. It's high-quality but a major pain to use.

So yeah, if anyone has any recommendations, I would REALLY appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...