Need a sample, synth, or effect? LOOK HERE!

zircon

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking for some solid, modern-sounding electronic drums...I'm not sure if that's really a good explanation of what I'm talking about, but it seems like most of the kits and samples I find online are either based on old drum machines or acoustic kits. Both of which are cool, but not what I'm looking for - they don't really sound like what you hear in a lot of contemporary electronica. Unless I'm completely overlooking something with regards to sampling and mixing drum tracks?

Thanks a lot for any help.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOPVZWgeGc

Here's one of my favorite songs. It sounds very Capcomy.

Any tips on identifying sounds, recreating, or finding them in this or any given piece of music?

I'm super super new to music production, but I'm noticing that finding the right sound/instrument is one of the hardest parts.

Any suggestions in general or about that song or other capcom songs would really make my day.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
So it's been a while since Andy posted this. I think sometime over the next couple weeks, I'm going to do an overhaul of his OP and try to get it a little more up-to-date for everyone.
Great, that would be much appreciated. I can help if needed. Suggestion: Differentiate sites offering free, commercial, or free+commercial material in some way. Maybe differently colored links?

Would be good to include what format the plugins are in. It sucks to hear of this awesome and free synth that does everything and find it's not in AU format. Likewise for others if it's in AU/RTAS only and not VSTi. Or to find that the cool delay or reverb or modulation effect or whatever you downloaded isn't a soundfont. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This sounds really damn cool! I want it! But I lack the $149. I don't even have a controller yet. LOL!

There's an old free beta version they released prior to the full version if you can find it. It doesn't have all the goodies as I understand it, but still pretty powerful. I don't have a link, unfortunately, so be careful if you're going to go looking for it.

There's an old free beta version they released prior to the full version if you can find it. It doesn't have all the goodies as I understand it, but still pretty powerful. I don't have a link, unfortunately, so be careful if you're going to go looking for it.

Nah forget it. too risky. dont wanna stumble on some trojans.

• 1 month later...

It looks like all the piano links in the first post are broken at this point, so... can anyone recommend a good piano library that works in FL? I'm willing to consider spending money on one since I use the piano more than anything else, although getting a good free one would obviously be nice.