Need a sample, synth, or effect? LOOK HERE!

zircon

Hi. I'm in the middle of a song, but am having trouble finding some good ways to transition. I found something that will probably just work, I'm just not sure how to emulate the cymbal sound in FL Studio.

This song right here. The one that comes in at around :30 when the main theme comes. And it holds around for a while before the cymbal is actually hit (transition point?). Does anybody have any idea how to emulate that or a good sound for it?

Hi. I'm in the middle of a song, but am having trouble finding some good ways to transition. I found something that will probably just work, I'm just not sure how to emulate the cymbal sound in FL Studio.

This song right here. The one that comes in at around :30 when the main theme comes. And it holds around for a while before the cymbal is actually hit (transition point?). Does anybody have any idea how to emulate that or a good sound for it?

Take a cymbal (as an audio clip), go into the channel settings (click on it in the step sequencer) and hit reverse. Put the reversed one to end when the normal one hits. You'll need to clone the cymbal to have both the normal one and the reversed one.

I'd like to also learn how to patch percussion synthesizers(primarily electronic styles). Is there a free-ware favorite for drum synthesis like Synth1 and so many others were for analog style leads and basses?

LinPlug has a drum synth that comes free with Computer Music magazine iirc, dunno what formats. Simple but fun, and good for retro synth perc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Alrighty, I need LOTS of synths. I just can't seem to synthesize any of them myself, on any synth. So here.

I need the ambient one from this, and also the bell-like one (possibly a gamelan?):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxJFXvyCu3M

Any and all help would be REALLY appreciated!

EDIT: I use FL9, and if you're giving me a preset for a synth, the synth better be free! :mrgreen:

hmm... bserrano's Artemis can create a similar effect, and it's also in it's main preset set as: "Prologue". (And Artemis is free!)

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry for double-posting, but does anyone know where I could find a version of Spectrasonic's Atmosphere? I know they dicontinued it, but I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get a copy, preferrably for free (or cheap)...

yard sale :< i got gofriller cello, atmosphere, and VSL's old gig-only orchestral set for like 50$ at a garage sale of a friend of mine.

craigslist works too. if people are selling this stuff, they're either desperate for money or just want to get something for it.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...