Need a sample, synth, or effect? LOOK HERE!

zircon

Found out about a site called Sampleism via the Soundcloud App Gallery. Does anyone use that for obtaining samples?

As for what I'm a fan of, Digital Sound Factory, while focusing primarily on '80s and '90s samples, has a great selection of sample downloads, most being available for less than $50!

http://www.digitalsoundfactory.com/

Thanks for the link - i picked up the urban library - i'm a sucker for 80s/90s samples too!

I'm looking for more '90s sounds for my music. That said, does anyone know the source of a drumloop? The bass drum is somewhat-electro in sound, with a hand-clap-like sound for a snare drum, and it's featured in this soundtrack-style song:

It also is the main rhythm in this darkwave song by Gary Numan:

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this.

• 2 weeks later...
Thats a great question, had the same thing in mind.

But I guess nobody likes to post on these forums. looks like im going to buy marakas : /

Sample crumpled paper. Not kidding.

You can load this into your daw as a pure wave sample, do a little filter fun, export the modified wave (or waves, as you might have to layer it) and import that into a soundfont or other sample playback method.

Do not trust this method as it is untested and entirely theorhetical.

Edited by Anorax

Sample crumpled paper. Not kidding.

You can load this into your daw as a pure wave sample, do a little filter fun, export the modified wave (or waves, as you might have to layer it) and import that into a soundfont or other sample playback method.

Do not trust this method as it is untested and entirely theorhetical.

Hmm, I guess I could do that

Does anyone know where to find good drum kit samples/vsts, some that sound like a rockband? The ones in fl aren't that great, and I was looking for some new ones.

There are a whole slew of drum VST's/sample libraries on the internet, but ones I would recommend are:

Native Instruments Studio Drummer (only $85 for a limited time. It's a STEAL)

XLN Audio Addictive Drums

Steven Slate Drums

Goldbaby samples are not what you buy when you want acoustic drum samples.

(don't be so quick to plug the things you find in Zircon's videos)

Maybe, but they're better than FL default, and the stuff I have. I've been satisfied with them. Plus, if you don't have much of a budget, it's a good buy.

Edited by Cash

Maybe, but they're better than FL default, and the stuff I have. I've been satisfied with them. Plus, if you don't have much of a budget, it's a good buy.

Those libraries together are $60?

For $25 more you can get Native Instruments Studio Drummer, something actually designed for acoustic drums and will blow Goldbaby samples out of the water in that department.

Hey guys, I just found a great 100% FREE resource, particularly for drum samples, that I haven't seen anywhere else. It's at www.sampleswap.org. Here's how it works.

1. Create a free account. Make sure to use a valid email address.

2. Log back into your account.

3. Go through the samples and click them to hear demos. You can then pick the ones you like and add them to your basket. Some of them are AIF format and some are wave.

4. You can have up to 20MB of samples in your basket at any given time.

5. When you're done, click download. It will email a download link to you, and within 5-10 minutes you'll be able to grab them all tied up nicely in a zip file that's really easy to add to your sample library.

I went crazy looking for good free drum samples for a long time before I found this site. There are also instrument samples, but I haven't tested them for quality yet since I was just looking for drums. I'll probably investigate them soon and let you know what I found.

I hope you guys find this useful.

Those libraries together are $60?

For $25 more you can get Native Instruments Studio Drummer, something actually designed for acoustic drums and will blow Goldbaby samples out of the water in that department.

Good deal, but someone might not have an extra $25.

Anyway, it's not like I'm in love with Goldbaby or anything. I linked them because I didn't realize drums for rock are acoustic, shows how much of a newb I am.

I'm sure Studio Drummer is better, especially for acoustic drums.

Edited by Cash

• 2 months later...

Ok, this probably has people asking for piano samples all the time.. but here's another one.

Would anybody know where to find a good quality sample that has a similar tone to the one used in a lot of FELT songs (a Touhou arrangement circle)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvlEKFQ-MKA

I'm pretty sure it's a keyboard, hopefully a fairly popular one. I'd love to find the sample set/soundfont from this keyboard.

Also free or maybe cheap would be nice. But whatever you guys have to recommend.

Edited by urdailywater

Bad excuse to go Goldbaby over Studio Drummer.

If you are incapable of making an extra $25 in at most a month, I don't think drum samples should be at the top of your "to buy" list. I would put maybe "food" and "rent" first.

Well maybe someone set aside only a certain amount of money for samples, and not everybody has Kontakt. The point is you don't know someone else's situation.

Whether or not Studio Drummer is better (never used it, so I wouldn't know), I stand by my recommendation, someone reading this can either buy them or not. Nothing more needs to be said, I'm done talking about this.

Edited by Cash