Need a sample, synth, or effect? LOOK HERE!

zircon

I' m looking for two things. First is there a synth ( or sound design tutorial) that would work well for droning, or wailing sounds. I need it for a concept I have of an afterlife/underworld themed set of songs. A sample pack would work also but not quite as well.

Next, What is a good library/pack of world or just unusual percussion samples? I would prefer packs that let you just use the audio files rather than using kontakt ( i dont have it). Maschine is an option as ive been considering one for quite a long time anyways, so feedback on those would be useful if youve used the library before.

I' m looking for two things. First is there a synth ( or sound design tutorial) that would work well for droning, or wailing sounds. I need it for a concept I have of an afterlife/underworld themed set of songs. A sample pack would work also but not quite as well.

Do you mean stuff like this, or something else? That was made using a Comb filter and its feedback knob, plus a ton of distortion. If you mean like ghost moans and stuff, the ones I have are pretty much all made with Comb filters for the metallic tone, then with random LFO panning and spacious reverb.

EDIT: More stuff here.

Next, What is a good library/pack of world or just unusual percussion samples? I would prefer packs that let you just use the audio files rather than using kontakt ( i dont have it). Maschine is an option as ive been considering one for quite a long time anyways, so feedback on those would be useful if youve used the library before.
I have Platinum Percussion, and I think it's very well-polished. It actually inspired the Yu-Gi-Oh ReMix I wrote for the GB 25th Anniversary album. :) Edited by timaeus222

Ah, very nice! and a good price point too!

As for the wailing sounds, i wasnt exactly looking for the more aggressive sounds but learning to make those sounds could still be quite useful to my project. i meant more ghost wailing kinds of sounds though.

Ah, very nice! and a good price point too!

As for the wailing sounds, i wasnt exactly looking for the more aggressive sounds but learning to make those sounds could still be quite useful to my project. i meant more ghost wailing kinds of sounds though.

Oh, okay. Yeah, I put one here:

https://app.box.com/s/jvv3vo4g9s4oluosirev

http://www.krakli.com/krakli-cygnus/

There are loads of others, but just browse the presets of this for now.

• 3 weeks later...

So, this isnt a question about instruments, but I'm working on a track and I want an egg timer tick (synced to the tempo of my song), and also an egg timer ring.

I have no idea where I'd find something quite so specialized, so my plan was to use my H2 to record the ticking and the ring separately, and then manipulate the ticking to sync with the tempo of the track.

Any thoughts or advice?

Looking for orchestral drums. I only have Miroslav for my orch VST and the timpanis in it are just ridiculous. I do have more tools and samples in Reason but I'd like to find a VST of some sort so that I don't necesserly have to reWire.

Well I've heard that Impact Soundworks is releasing some orchestral percussion stuff soon... Don't know if timpani would be a part of it or not

Well I've heard that Impact Soundworks is releasing some orchestral percussion stuff soon... Don't know if timpani would be a part of it or not

http://forum.cakewalk.com/ISW-Rhapsody-m3064221.aspx

We are thrilled to announce our upcoming library, RHAPSODY: Orchestral Percussion. This exquisite virtual instrument covers both the essential canon of symphonic percussive instruments, like snares, bass drum, cymbals, timpani, xylophone, tubular bells, triangle, etc., and a full compliment of aux percussion such as bongo, conga, cajon, djembe, crotales, anvil, sleigh bells, and more.

There you go.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
kinda sounds like a saw lead highly modulated. or maybe a sync lead. I don't know. I suck at this. :-P

Definitely sounds like there's a flanger in there and maybe even a light phaser.

I think you're right about the flanger. I dunno about the rest though. It seems to be a decent sampled guitar sustain with flanger, given the style of music being rock-ish, but less modern-sounding in the production.

• 4 weeks later...

who here has access or knowledge of industrial plugins for FL 11? preferably cheap and/or free i'm in college and the army doesn't exactly privates a lot of extra money lol. also does anyone know where i can get some sci-fi engine sounds? i found for 30 bucks and they're pretty good but i want to get a good base of options first.

who here has access or knowledge of industrial plugins for FL 11? preferably cheap and/or free i'm in college and the army doesn't exactly privates a lot of extra money lol. also does anyone know where i can get some sci-fi engine sounds? i found for 30 bucks and they're pretty good but i want to get a good base of options first.

Sci-Fi engines? Try some of these: http://soundmorph.com/index.php?page=free

I used the Solar Sky samples in the intro of this remix: https://soundcloud.com/haki-1/the-heavens-are-calling-feat-sixto-sounds

A is easy. B is not possible. :) Orchestral music is really hard to compose well without saving up money and getting sample libraries to use with a sampler.

If anything, I'd try Squidfont Orchestral and FluidR3 (obviously coming reverbless). But you really need to find a nice reverb to glue it all together too. Maybe Glaceverb? If you get the money, I think you should try to get ArtsAcoustic Reverb.

Edited by timaeus222

I find myself in need of some orchestral sample packs that A. are free and B. don't suck. Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra is an OK set of SFZs, but it's quite limited and has this annoying problem where a few of the instruments alternate up and down a half step, which makes it really hard to write for.

What sfz player are you using? I don't recall having this issue with sforzando or with the old rgc audio sfz player, but I did have to manually remap some of the patches for use in directwave and renoise's sampler

It's worth another look I think, SSO is the best free orchestral library IMO. You should also get squidfont and whatever else you can find though, getting anything decent out of freebies involves a lot of searching and patience, you're probably not going to get everything you want in one place

It's worth another look I think, SSO is the best free orchestral library IMO. You should also get squidfont and whatever else you can find though, getting anything decent out of freebies involves a lot of searching and patience, you're probably not going to get everything you want in one place

I listened to the demo, and I think yeah, it's actually pretty good compared to most free orch samples. I'd recommend you figure out what's up with how your SFZ player is handling your samples.