Need a sample, synth, or effect? LOOK HERE!

zircon

I listened to the demo, and I think yeah, it's actually pretty good compared to most free orch samples. I'd recommend you figure out what's up with how your SFZ player is handling your samples.

It's not all of them, just some. I'm using Camel Audio Alchemy - if you guys know another SFZ player for mac, I'd love to hear about it.

EDIT: Wow, OK. Just looked up Sforzando and the problem is completely solved. Now I can get back to that Golbez arrangement...

Edited by frustratedrocka

• 4 weeks later...
I'm looking for some good vsts, samples or soundfonts of cymbals, marimba (rolls) and brass. Preferabaly free but I am willing to pay but I'm on a budget $150-$300 so I hope you guys can provide some recommendations for me. ;-)

If you mean orchestral brass/cymbals, there are some included in the free sonatina symphonic orchestra - http://sso.mattiaswestlund.net/

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, have a guitar question I was hoping you could help me out with.

I'm looking to recreate the guitar used in Metal Harbor, from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Here's a link for you:

I'm about 6-8 months deep in music, so I know a decent amount but I'm still really nooby on a lot of things.

I use Orange Tree Evolution Electric Guitar Strawberry and Guitar Rig, so I've got the ability to create a wide range of sounds, but I tested so many different presets I know it's actually my lack of knowledge that's preventing me from getting this noise lol.

But yeah any explanations or help or even discussions would be great.

Hey guys, have a guitar question I was hoping you could help me out with.

I'm looking to recreate the guitar used in Metal Harbor, from Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. Here's a link for you:

I'm about 6-8 months deep in music, so I know a decent amount but I'm still really nooby on a lot of things.

I use Orange Tree Evolution Electric Guitar Strawberry and Guitar Rig, so I've got the ability to create a wide range of sounds, but I tested so many different presets I know it's actually my lack of knowledge that's preventing me from getting this noise lol.

But yeah any explanations or help or even discussions would be great.

Are you talking about the lead or rhythm tone? And are your problems more related to sequencing or processing guitars?

Are you talking about the lead or rhythm tone? And are your problems more related to sequencing or processing guitars?

Hey thanks for the reply man.

I believe the rhythm tone is the one I'm talking about. In the link I provided (

) it's the guitar that comes in at 0:19.

Sorry for my noobiness, but to be honest I"m not sure what sequencing is or processing. I mean I might, but I don't know what you mean by those terms so I don't know how to answer the question haha.

But what I'm going for is just to recreate that sound. It's like a higher pitch of guitar, but it still shreds which is why I love it. The noise is so lush.

I'm not sure where to start. For example, can this sound only be created with a certain type of guitar? Because that would mean I've been using the wrong guitar this whole time and wasting my time.

Or maybe I just have to mess around with certain settings that I'm unfamiliar with? I'm not sure.

My actual guess if I had one, would be that this is some type of distortion? I'm also really nooby on distortion too, but I showed this to my buddy and that was his guess so it's mine too.

If you have any links or any resources I could use in the meantime to study up on sequencing/processing that'd be great.

Hey thanks for the reply man.

I believe the rhythm tone is the one I'm talking about. In the link I provided (

) it's the guitar that comes in at 0:19.

Sorry for my noobiness, but to be honest I"m not sure what sequencing is or processing. I mean I might, but I don't know what you mean by those terms so I don't know how to answer the question haha.

But what I'm going for is just to recreate that sound. It's like a higher pitch of guitar, but it still shreds which is why I love it. The noise is so lush.

I'm not sure where to start. For example, can this sound only be created with a certain type of guitar? Because that would mean I've been using the wrong guitar this whole time and wasting my time.

Or maybe I just have to mess around with certain settings that I'm unfamiliar with? I'm not sure.

My actual guess if I had one, would be that this is some type of distortion? I'm also really nooby on distortion too, but I showed this to my buddy and that was his guess so it's mine too.

If you have any links or any resources I could use in the meantime to study up on sequencing/processing that'd be great.

Sequencing is putting in notes, combined with any automation or midi events. Processing is applying effects such as eq, compression, distortion to the instrument.

Anyway, I'm guessing the sound you want is palm-muted guitar. I've read the Strawberry Guitar manual and it should have a palm muting articulation (http://www.orangetreesamples.com/download/StrawberryUsersGuide.pdf).

• 1 month later...

Most the links are now dead :cry:.

I'm looking for a good VSTi of drums / orchestral percussion (or anything, but this is what I need at the moment) for free. The VSTi that I use is for that purpose is "DSK Virtuoso" but meh. I know KRVaudio is good to find free vst but I don't know how to use the search engine there.

So if someone is willing to tell me how to use the search engine there, or give me the name of a free VSTi of percussion or drums I will be very glad.

Most the links are now dead :cry:.

I'm looking for a good VSTi of drums / orchestral percussion (or anything, but this is what I need at the moment) for free. The VSTi that I use is for that purpose is "DSK Virtuoso" but meh. I know KRVaudio is good to find free vst but I don't know how to use the search engine there.

So if someone is willing to tell me how to use the search engine there, or give me the name of a free VSTi of percussion or drums I will be very glad.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1200140

Huge free orchestral soundfont pack. I tried it. It's pretty good, actually.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1200140

Huge free orchestral soundfont pack. I tried it. It's pretty good, actually.

I'm going to try it, seems very interesting. I'll edit this once I tried it! Thanks Timaeus :grin:

EDIT: It has pretty good sounds and good quality! (For being free) The only thing bad that I've found is that It has too many SF2 libraries that are useless but I will say that more than the half are useful.

Thanks again Timaeus.

Edited by Jakos
Update

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread! .. took some time before i discovered it...

Heres my first pick piano sounds! ..(could`t see it in the list ,and I think everybody should know about it!)

Modartt`s Pianoteq

https://www.pianoteq.com/pianoteq5

It is not sample based! Only 40MB`s... and sounds amazing.

I discovered it by chance a couple of years ago and I have been using it both live and in production since.

-lacifer

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone. I've been listening to Flying Lotus's Cosmogramma for the last couple weeks and I'm just in love the his drum programming.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how he gets such a heavy and clear bass kick in his song "

" (starts at 0:25). I believe he's using a mix of an 808 kick and a sine being glissed down, please correct me if I'm wrong though. I've tried working with 808 kicks but they never come out very clear like this, and if they do they end up clipping.

Does anyone know how I could get it them to sound very upfront in the mix and still keep the rest of the track sounding clean?

Thank you for any advice.

Edited by Unknown Alias

Hey everyone. I've been listening to Flying Lotus's Cosmogramma for the last couple weeks and I'm just in love the his drum programming.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how he gets such a heavy and clear bass kick in his song "

" (starts at 0:25). I believe he's using a mix of an 808 kick and a sine being glissed down, please correct me if I'm wrong though. I've tried working with 808 kicks but they never come out very clear like this, and if they do they end up clipping.

Does anyone know how I could get it them to sound very upfront in the mix and still keep the rest of the track sounding clean?

Thank you for any advice.

Sounds like the kick is mono, has some pretty heavy distortion on it, and is sidechained so as to duck the rest of the mix when it hits.