I'm kickstarting a shmup card game called Inglorious Space

Main Finger

Hey all! I haven't been around as much lately, partially from getting married and all that. But also because of working very hard with my wife over the last year and a half on a card game based on classic shooters (shmups if you will) of the 80's and 90's. It's semi-cooperative, 1-4 players (yes, there's a solo mode!) and we already have the near-final prototype (which you can see in pics and our video).

Here's the pitch:

Based on classic arcade shoot-em-ups from Galaga to Gradius, Inglorious Space is a tabletop game about working together... as long as it's profitable. Players take control of ace bounty hunters and use "Command Cards" to pilot their fighters across space, shoot enemies, and activate unique character abilities.

In multiplayer, the enemy is too much for you to overcome. Allegiances are made by necessity. But as soon as your usefulness has run out, you better watch your back! There's money to be made on these bounties and between a cold-hearted strategist, an unpredictable hot head, an infamous con artist, and a wanted backstabber, you may find your ship rammed into the path of enemy fire.

Meanwhile, single player features adjusted difficulty that, while manageable, makes every action count. Meticulous decision making is rewarded to earn the highest score (and bragging rights).

I also made a neat stop motion video on a computer that's way too slow to have any business editing video :)

So if any of y'all are interested, it just launched (woo hoo!) and I made sure to search all the forum guidelines for the right place to share I don't accidentally tick people off. ENJOY!

faa949ecdf77bc83f6e857ce3518f36e_origina

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blacktablegames/inglorious-space

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...