OverClocked ReMix has 4 degrees of separation from Vince Gill

CyberSkull

Just now, CyberSkull said:

The big connector between OCR artists and him is Nobuo UematsuLondon Symphony Orchestra. Anyone's who's done a Final Fantasy cover is going to have a connection. ;p

Yes, I noticed that, haha. BTW, I also noticed a small-ish error when I tried to see my connection with Spanish composer Oscar Araujo, as it shows the Super Castlevania IV composers have arranged RoeTaKa's SCIV/LoS remix.

23 minutes ago, Chernabogue said:

Yes, I noticed that, haha. BTW, I also noticed a small-ish error when I tried to see my connection with Spanish composer Oscar Araujo, as it shows the Super Castlevania IV composers have arranged RoeTaKa's SCIV/LoS remix.

Looking into it, I see that some of the works are arrangements of earlier works, so they have arrangement credits on the later versions of the songs. So you end up with Vampire Killer (ステージ10ドラキュラの塔1BGM) being an arrangement of Vampire Killer (城内潜入BGM) and having two arrangers as a result. I think that's what you are talking about…

30 minutes ago, CyberSkull said:

Looking into it, I see that some of the works are arrangements of earlier works, so they have arrangement credits on the later versions of the songs. So you end up with Vampire Killer (ステージ10ドラキュラの塔1BGM) being an arrangement of Vampire Killer (城内潜入BGM) and having two arrangers as a result. I think that's what you are talking about…

Nice catch, it was the SCIV version, and not the CV1 version! Silly me! :D

2 hours ago, Rexy said:

Yep, I too hit 3 steps because of the Final Fantasy connection. XD I'm actually interested in looking for any artists that didn't cover any of Uematsu's scores and seeing any other major links that amateur arrangers could have.

Try disabling all the relationship types except for "primary" and "support". You'll find a longer, more interesting chain if you do.