OCR03462 - *YES* Super Mario 64 "The Slumber of the Beast" *PROJECT*

DaMonz

ReMixer name: DaMonz
email address: 

Name of the games arranged: Super Mario 64
Name of the arrangement: The Slumber of the Beast
Name of the individual songs arranged: Piranha Plant's Lullaby
Links to originals: https://youtu.be/Qs65jP8GI0o

This is my offering to Princess Pretzel! :) Trying something different, once again. Looking forward to reading your comments!

First shameless self-panel, congrats on that milestone!

NO (first shameless-self-panel NO, congrats on that too)

Ok, for realz.  Whoa, what you did to that melody!  I'm insanely loving the personalization here, this is an easy-peasy-breezy 6/8 stroll through a lovely field of mushrooms.  The track is produced really nicely, great bouncy timbres.  My only gripe is I think you could push your master limiter just a bit more as it's coming in at -12db RMS, that's some pretty safe mastering, but that's such a nitpick and this is fine.

YES 

• Chimpazilla changed the title to 2016/03/18 - (1Y) Super Mario 64 'The Slumber of the Beast' *PROJECT*

This is so refreshing! Truly a perfect fit for the Esther's Dreams album. Your melodic treatment of Piranha Plant's Lullaby is very interpretive, but it helps that the immediately-recognizable chord progression is consistently present, and your melodies are free to dance around it along with the bubbly backing rhythm. Adorable mix title, too :3 

I've tried my hand at this source so many times to little avail, but you make this sound so effortless!

YES

• 2 weeks later...
  • Sir_NutS changed the title to 2016/03/18 - (3Y) Super Mario 64 'The Slumber of the Beast' *PROJECT*
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03462 - *YES* Super Mario 64 "The Slumber of the Beast" *PROJECT*
  • Liontamer locked this topic