Workshop Skills Listing

djpretzel

Thanks to feedback from @Daniel Caton (thanks) & OCR staff, we've made some substantial improvements to the workshop skills pages, e.g.:

Changes are as follows:

1. Switched to bootstrap tables
  2. Switched to font-awesome icons
  3. "join date" is now "joined" and is just the year
  4. "last visited" is now "visited"
  5. "real name" moved under user name
  6. user name larger
  7. "real name" column replaced with "skills / tools" column, including DAW & instrumental
  8. Secondary sort added on visited (sorts by collab status first, then visited date, DESC)
  9. Made additional instrument links clickable
  10. Made DAW links clickable icons

The last four items are bold since I think they represent the biggest improvement - now, when looking at members who have specified one skill, you can see the other skills they have specified as well, and you can click on those skills to jump around a bit. Plus fancypants DAW icons. And the sorting based on last visited (most recent first) gives you a good idea of who's more likely to be around/available.

Feedback appreciated, although this was kind of a "burst" of energy for these specific pages, knowing full well I might not get back to updating them for awhile given more pressing concerns :)

GET COLLABORATIN' Y'ALL!!

Here's an idea for potential improvement:

• For "visited" instead of just the date, it could be as follows:
    • "Today"
    • "Yesterday"
    • "This week"
    • "This month"
    • "This year"
    • And then after that, just list the four digit year?
  • In other words, is a relative measurement in this case more useful than a straight up YYYY-MM-DD date?
  • Could also do:
    • "Today"
    • "1dy ago" - "6dy ago"
    • "1wk ago" - "3 wk ago"
    • "1mo ago" - "11mo ago"
    • "1yr ago" - "Xyr ago"

Definitely making use of this for album recruiting, thanks! 

I like option 3.  There's a big difference between 2 months and 11 months, so definitely not option 1. Absolute dates are fine, but "greatest unit of measurement" is easier to parse--although there's a pretty big difference between 13 months and 23 months. I usually do units > 1 (i.e. up to 13 days, 8 weeks, or 23 months).

22 minutes ago, timaeus222 said:

I find that they both are just as useful, but in terms of perception, "This year" doesn't grab me as much as "This month". :P So, I might find it more practical to merge it so that it's:

• "Today"
  • "Yesterday"
  • "This week"
  • "This month"
  • YYYY-MM-DD (if some X number of months ago where maybe, X > 1?)

I like this except that I feel the full date display just seems like overkill...

For the purposes of collaborating with someone & assessing their availability, I feel like:

• "Today"
  • "Yesterday"
  • "This Week"
  • "This Month"
  • "Last Month"
  • "Mon YYYY" (e.g. "Dec. 2015")

Should do it...the specific day seems superfluous, outside of it being within the first three ranges... make sense?

• DarkeSword changed the title to Workshop Skills Listing