This is such an awesome remix. The intro is very reminiscent of

Metallica, and despite what many of you think about the band, the

music itself is great. This remix is no different. Regardless of what you

may think about Gux, for whatever reason you may or may not have

ill feelings (though I personally can't think of a reason why you might),

the remix is absolutely stellar. Top class all the way. Probably one of my

favorite remixes of any Mega Man game.

• 3 months later...

Yes, this remix is great. I can't find the words to describe its greatness. To anyone who hasn't downloaded it, do so now. Can't find anything wrong with it, even if you dislike the style in general. Definitely my favorite Megaman mix besides DiscoDan's Snakeman one.

I can't believe more people haven't reviewed this =(

Check out anything else by Gux, also.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I dunno, Shiny, that Flash Man tune kicks much booty. Nice to hear Mega Man getting some good metal coverage. Dr. Wily always had such great music for his stages. This would rank second behind Mega Man 2's Wily Theme. Back on the subject, this remix literally rocks, and is highly recommended.

As everyone else has already said—this song rocks! When I first heard it I was like "this is good", but after i listened to it more I was like 8O. This is without a doubt my favorite Mega man song. If you havn't heard it GO AND DOWNLOAD IT NOW! If you don't you're missing out on one of the best songs on the site!

• 1 month later...

i particularly love this song because i heard it at around the same time i was obsessing over a song from a quite rare and very little known band that never did much called lylo, and the song was called "perfect crash". it sounded like a perfect match-up for this- they sound VERY similar in general feel and tone. hell, even their general flow is similar- soft at first, then bursting into a rush, with soft bridges.

this song 0wns me, i'd have to agree that it really IS the best mix on the site.

• 2 months later...

This is one of my favorites, if only because metal-type music seems to suit the original Mega Man tunes so well. Listening to the original soundtracks, you'd almost swear that Bun Bun was trying to use something that sounded close to electric guitars.

I only wish there were more Mega Man remixes in this vein.

But this still kicks ass.

• 6 months later...

first song I listened to on OCR (so naturally, the first one I review), it was ages ago (way back in april) was my favorite then, still is now, megaman is made of metal, the songs should be too :D

this songs rocks, I can just see megaman, breathing hard, the enemies blown to bits around him in a partially ruined fortress... red sky... yeah...

anyway, I think the only good explaination for the lack of reviews for this completely badass monster is that you don't need to, it sells itself 8)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It's nice to see a different Megaman game getting songs remixed. Seeing as how Megaman 2 has the most remixes. This song reminded me alot of those old alternative rock bands like Bush and Nirvana and the like. Definately a song worth getting though the start of it is deceving it picks up the traditional tune shortly after. The ending of the song is an excellent touch on an old classic.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So my friend rents Megaman :Anniversary thing, and naturally, as the first megaman game i owned and played is Megaman3, i beg him to let me play it..

Amazingly i still remeber who is weak to what and kick its ass in one sitting. As I get to the third level of Wily's castle, and now that i'm old enough to appreciate music, the nostaligia just beats the crap out of me. "Someone REALLY needs to do a Remix of this." And lo and behold, there already was one.

Can't believe I missed this. I'm also a fan of "Boss time", and i'm going to check out everything else by Gux now. Hope you keep it up. X^D

• 3 months later...

First the good - it's cool to hear remixes with live instruments once in a while. The live performance on this track is above average. It's also harder than sitting down with a looping tool and a bunch of stock samples, so that counts for something.

Now the bad - the mix is lousy. Some of the "solos" are likewise not very good. I'm not likely to listen to this track very often because my musical snobbery gets in the way.

I wouldn't give up on Gux though.

5/10 overall.

• 3 months later...

I can see where small bits of this remix may fall slightly short, however the key in this is the capturing of the epic feeling. Having played the game recently, I know how desperate you can feel when you are that far in the game.

*spoiler alert, skip to next paragraph if you don't want to see it*

Not only do you have to beat the Robot masters of MM3 but Wily ressurects some of the toughest badies in the Mega Man universe, the bosses from 2, to fight you next. THAN you get to fight in Wily's fortress.

This song captures the pure adrenaline and need to persevere that the game inspired in it's players. Combine the feeling with a solid remix and you get a similarly solid recommendation from me. Well done Gux.

• 5 months later...

Oh, tricky. The beginning sets you up for something, and then totally shifts on you.

The turn towards metal is pretty good, but almost a little lacking in some respects. The overall gist of the piece gets a little repetitive, picks up a bit at the halfway point to lead you into a crescendo that you're anticipating and anticipating and then it hits that 3:30 mark and gives you a bit of a weak payoff.

Kind of like you're waiting for that BOOM! like the song is going to bring the sky down.

It's not a bad piece in any respect - but I do wish it had a little more oomph to it.

• 3 months later...

I just want to begin to say that I'm glad that someone finally took the opportunity to remix a different part of that castle, all we've heard is the first stage, twould be a shame to miss out of the rest.

I'm hearing Led Zeppelin in the beginning, or maybe Pink Floyd, they´re all good. It begins carefully, it's first after a while that the electric bass begins to breathe and unleash a solo to mark the beginning of a new kind of arrangement. It may sound maybe too distorted at some points, but if you liked It's Boss Time, then you'll surely gonna like this one too. If you've neither of them, this might be a good chance to do it.

Although this mix is focused to kick some ass, it also takes a small break in the middle with some strings and a little softer guitar. Can you FEEL the pain in Megaman's circuits? This remix helps you with that, makes me think in the area of Mission Impossible. This remix is awesome, great stuff Gux.

• 1 month later...

listen i don't listen to rock, metallica, led zepplin, but i love this remix. this was my favorited song of any megaman. megaman 3 had the best music ever. I'm black i don't listen to this type of music.....but i could listen to this song all day. Matter of fact i think i am. This could single-handly make me change my thoughts about that whole genre of music.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00251 - Mega Man 3 "Wily Metal"