OCR01510 - Chrono Trigger "Antimatter"

djpretzel

Woah nice. I'm always a fan of high energy remixes as long as they are done well, and oh man this is. As was stated in the writeup, it grabs you from the very start and doesn't let go. It's mixes like these that make me not care if it's from a game that's got an insane amount of remixes, because greatness like this needs to be heard no matter what game it is from.

As far as commenting on specific stuff from the within remix...I can't do that because I suck at it.

High frequencies...don't bother my ears, but maybe I'm goin def 8O

This mix kicks you in the balls :roll:and never lets go. Despite all the crazy shite, this mix does have a melody that is rather catchy. That's something songs of this genre fail to capture sometimes. The thing I liked the most, was how the tempo seemed like it was turned up just a bit. Really made the mix come at you more.

This is sweetness, awesome work beatdrop...how did you ever finish this while trying to finish ur album, that you got previews for over in the WIP other section?

Hmmm... this is definitely a "different" style to the Magus battle theme. I can easily recognize the original melody, which is a good thing of course, and it's all wrapped up in one bizarre little package.

The remix is quite high-energy and fast-paced... and for me at least... most of all... it's just WEIRD! Of course, I've never been one for this particular genre of music because I just find the weird, shifting synth-effects to be unpleasant to the ears.

Needless to say though, the actual production quality of the remix is top notch, which is to be expected from someone as experienced as Beatdrop is. Everything came together quite nicely and the song itself is just right.

This is one of those songs that just aren't to my liking... but for those of you that like this genre, it shouldn't disappoint!

Beatdrop is back! Yay!

Apparently you didn't lie about the humongous bass synths, they are everywhere. Magus theme has been remixed a couple of times before, we may all be aware of that, but this mix is definitly one of a kind that put some new light on Magus from a different view.

You kind of kept that organ synth to begin with, but then it slowly began to add some new and funky synths and heavy beats to the arrangement that made it change into something more trancy and electronic. Pretty much every sample had their own version of how the theme would sound like, which created a lot of variety, and variety is something that I find very important when it comes to remixes.

Bravo Beatdrop, bravo.

how did you ever finish this while trying to finish ur album, that you got previews for over in the WIP other section?

I employ a fair number of elves who do most of my musical work for me. All I have to say is "Make me a Drum 'N' Bass remix of the Magus battle theme from Chrono Trigger," and they get right to work.

I never have anything long and good to say.

Saying that you really like it is good enough for me.

It's mixes like these that make me not care if it's from a game that's got an insane amount of remixes, because greatness like this needs to be heard no matter what game it is from.

That's my aim. I don't pick a game so much as I pick a specific song from the game that I really enjoyed and that I think I can interpret in my own way. That's one of the major reasons I generally don't take requests: I need inspiration to make the song, and only I can determine what inspires me.

Beatdrop, what you've created is a simply breathtaking, top class mix. Your style has always been great, such as the Sonic and Knuckles "Deep Damp Sandcastle" remix a long while back, where you incorporated a gradual intensification of the music purely for the sake of the listener's enjoyment. This latest mix, however, was a creation that is to be remembered by myself as one of the highest-quality drum n' bass mixes to be submitted on Overclocked Remix. The energy just envelopes the listener in a high-dynamic beat of thick bass and drums to create a listening experience of excellency. Any compliments you will probably receive regarding this remix are much-deserved and this review is just that. Keep it up, Beatdrop. :)

slayer.gifslayer.gifslayer.gif

Fun fact: Concord Dawn uses mostly Fruity Loops to make their music.

It's a pretty sick d&b remix of an evil source tune. What else can I say.

But dammit, now you go and make me want to do yet another Chrono Trigger remix. But one that follows the styles of Subfocus and TC. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01510 - Chrono Trigger "Antimatter"