OCR03326 - Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim "Those Inkblots Are Pandas!"

Liontamer

The glitch sound is a little too harsh and jarring for my taste personally, but the hip hop beats kept it going for me. The last minute or so resonated with me the most, with the chill ride cymbal and rimshot and slowdown of the tempo making more sense in the context of the main bassline and choir.

If this mix were personified, I'd imagine it would resemble someone going through introspective recovery. It starts off lost in a boozy buzz that's hard to shake (intro), becomes calm and centered but retains an air of sadness (0:35+), then seems to confront/reconcile with its sharp, messy, almost alien feelings (1:44-2:19). Then it sort of repeats the process but with more momentum and confidence until - ! Well, the cutoff could mean its life has been cruelly cut short in an accident or (via Repeat button) the process is like a groundhog day loop. It seems open to interpretation, not unlike the inkblots in the title.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03326 - Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim "Those Inkblots Are Pandas!"