OCR03330 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Come to the Dark Side, It's a Funky Place"

Liontamer

Not even my style and I have to bow to this creation. Really crushes the groove. Lots and lots of interesting things here; it's like every 10 seconds my ears perked up at another unexpected handling of the rhythm/harmony/melody/sequencing/percussion. You can tell this was in the hands of someone who knew what they were doing. Really impressive. I recommend for anyone regardless of style.

I'm making a mix CD of OC ReMixes for my Mom to introduce her to OCR. Along with Diggi Dis, McVaffe, and Joshua Morse, Nostalvania keeps coming up on the list of remixers on the CD. Such a groovy mix! This must've been really fun to make. I LOVE the quiet snare and hi-hat at 2:45 buliding to the ride bell later. And that BASS starting at 3:12 is SICK! Has me like :blink::blink::blink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR03330 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Come to the Dark Side, It's a Funky Place"
  • 6 years later...

Damn, this is hella fun. I really love funky jazz that glides this smoothly with the perfect mixture of piano, organ, bass and so on. Just fantastic in every way. Dark World usually brings out some neat arrangements from ReMixers, but this is definitely in the top 5 for me.