I Can't Use the Mic On My PS4 Controller?!

ZER0-1nfinity

You see, I used to be able to hook my headphones into my controller and could stream gameplay while chatting without a problem. I tried today, and when I did the microphone test, all it was recording was this loud monotonous beep. It stopped whenever I backed out. It wasn't picking up my voice either.

I tried this on both controllers, and they both had the same issue. I tried multiple headphones as well and have had the same problem. The headphones aren't the problem in case you are wondering, as I am using them to listen to music at the moment.

Is there any possible theory or reasoning as to why my controllers are doing this? Is it some kind of censorship system (my younger plays NBA 2K15 five days a week and it's quite annoying to hear him scream at the game) that's made when someone is reported? (I only play on weekends. Even then, through occasional profanity, I stay respectful.

What do you guys think? I really need to find a solution to this.

If he was banned from talking in-game, it wouldn't affect messages or party. Test that. After update 3.50, certain microphones don't function properly anymore and there will probably be a fix. Try it out with the original microphone that came with the system, or the PS4 Camera if you have it. Both of those should work. If they don't, try turning your PS4 all the way off (not rest mode, but actually OFF) and then turn it back on when safe. 

If after all of this you think you might have been banned by Sony from using voice features due to.. what I can only imagine is the worst vocal online behavior ever recorded in the history of gaming, you might need to contact Sony's support live chat or by phone (1-800-345-SONY)