Best realistic virtual solo violin with realistic note modulation possibilities

I can't check right now, but I think you could have right-clicked the CC you were editing from the FL browser and clicked "Init song with this position". EDIT: Okay, I can confirm that doing "Init song with this position" saves the parameter state so that opening the project again keeps the parameter where it is, even if it is MIDI CC. But you have to do that each time if you don't have an automation clip to do that for you.

Also, that vibrato rate feels a little weird still. It's not something that is easy to make realistic, but now it feels too fast, and too constant. Try listening to the violin examples I showed you earlier and paying close attention to the vibrato rate.

Well i shall try to adjust the vibrato and maybe even make a whole song out of that for example, as in use that as one half of the chorus and add some other sounds, some piano lead and adjust the bass with more modulation and loudness for example. Only need to continue it half more and make intro/verse etc. Mix, EQ and master it better. 

But still the thing about using virtual instruments and especially sound designs and so on, is that it does not necessarily have to be the most realistic thing ever, as long as it sounds good. For example when you listen the electro house songs nowadays that majority likes, how could one possibly make such kicks and weird leads and other sound effects with any real instruments? Or don't even get me started on growls and drones and screeches. The answer is with nothing. Nothing at all except computers. And by the way imagine if you will.. ;D some basic techno house song played by real instruments, one guy hitting the bass drum and snare repeatedly for minutes and one guy playing some weird ass festival type of brass that makes almost a  saw wave type of sound with shit ton of effects or just hitting some cowbell there. Basically same thing as DJs play in festivals nowadays whilst jumping up and down on a stage or jumping to the crowd to be carried around with bunch of people or throwing a freaking cake at their face? just why.. why..??

Agree. Never should a man or a woman, think that there weren't room for improvement. Some things are made way too easy today also and therefore the skills of everyone are basically decreasing when there is no "need" to be better.. so to speak. But none should think like that. There is always room for improvement. Limitations are only physical

Ok, i was working on a House song, again i'm faced with a decision, guitar or violin lead

It's like i want to make something with both, maybe make a guitar for other song and violin for other, that way i can add 2 songs already for the EP rather than making too much stuff into single tracks, or truly trying to combine them both, or like for the first chorus the other and for the second the other. i don't know.. but i do love this violin plugin and a lot

Yes i too think that it has a more "catchy tune" kind of vibe in this and would suit better for that composition, by the way the two last notes are really sucky as i basically left it at that point unfinished and am not sure even about the note modulations that play before them. There are some cool things on making guitar riffs but it is even more suitable for some other orchestral rock type of stuff or some dubstep i guess. But dubstep can also be rather delicious hybrid with a cool violin lead. Possibilities are endless. More effort will go into making violin lead as it requires modulations far more of course but that does not matter as long as it sounds good.

Also off-topic, that's the first deep house bass line try so it's kind of mediocre early tentative test and the verse part is kind of shitty with some lame sidechain piano melody currently so it's really.. well yeah early structure as the name of the video implies. I think i got that "dong" sound for the chorus quite right. I heard something similar once in a house song and tried to remake such sound in Serum out of nothing, or comparing with anything except with the memory of it. I don't know why but serum makes sound design so easy for me. I guess it's the "live performance" oscillators, you know how they show the wave form that is playing and how i'm modulating it

Feel good man. It's one hell of a virtual instrument may i say:

As i said and thought earlier that i should remake that song, started on it and it's coming up quite nicely so far i guess.. although a lot of stuff to enhance on violin and on other sounds such as bass, melodies and especially the background pluck design, it's kind of shitty now.. but that's work in progress. I do love making stuff with that kontakt instrument. Couple of other stuff i have continued and done today and therefore composed some violin leads in there:

Made some progress 

It is definitely not as easy as i thought it would be. Even the distorted bass is hard to design to sound the same not to mention the growls and freaking realism on the violin lead as it is virtual instrument.

As i show in the video above (which by the way isn't that great of an example of the current situation as i tried to fix the dubstep sounds better) with the pattern i made to imitate it but did not put it on playlist, the really fast violin part on the start, sounds like shit if i don't just put one note to play and let the vibrato do the work. Yet in the original it has far greater pitch change even though it kind of sounds like a vibrato, i assume it's played via fast back and forward bow movements?  Or something.. slur legato at least sounds awful when i tried to imitate that and bow change legato ain't much better.

I guess the plugin has it's limitations at certain points most definitely

Man i am having fun with the violin. Been listening to more of Lindsey Stirling's violin leads, one just simply cannot make exactly as realistic cool stuff indeed with this plugin but at least by far this is the best virtual solo violin. Maybe if i practice producing, composing and sound design enough, one day i will collaborate with Lindsey herself. Or it's like, yeah i do like mostly using virtual instruments, but what if i learned how to play freaking real violin myself also. Think of the recording and producing possibilities on that case if had proper recording equipment or then again just collaboration as i do like producing in a DAW still the most as it allows to compose entire freaking orchestral stuff by myself and still making modern electronic beats and sound designs. Those are fun addition to some instrumental music hybrids etc as the clips above are basically both in the Brostep style. I would need to find a way to be patience and learn about general music theory more also perhaps or maybe take some lessons or something but why bother learning all about sheets for example when i can basically learn all about daw producing one step at a time at least first and try to "fine tune my pitch ear" and especially general mixing and mastering skills, and sound design is REALLY important too. My way to compose, with virtual instruments as i can hear the sounds while composing

edit. continued with the instagram clip:

Rushed this one also too much hence the name 'Restless' which also implies to the fast pace on changing my sound designs from one to another etc even though keeps a slow dubstep beat. And violin practice etc. Also the background picture is photoshop practice on combining pictures

These are sounding really good, and i'm considering picking up this violin package as well now baed on how good they sound. I want to try for myself! :-)

Is it just velocity and modulation automation you are doing, or are there other parameters you are adjusting? If it's other stuff (expression?), how does it affect the sound? Are the glissandos just portamento overlaps, or do you need to switch to a different sample for that?

The glissandos are just portamento overlaps at low velocity. Typically I use it with just velocity and modulation; I use the lazy modwheel-controls-all patch but there's patches where you can control all the details through CC or even with TouchOSC (app for tablets so you can use your tablet as an advanced multi touch controller).

But yeah, pick it up! It's pretty darn good even though it sometimes takes some fiddling around.

Well it's a lot easier than playing actual violin i presume. But still composing with it and modulating the composition correctly, both act big part in it also, not just knowing how to use the program. Practice is the key in everything is it not though.