OCR00256 - Boogerman "Sewer Thug"

m68030

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This is among my top 5 favorite remixes. It's so smooth. The sax alone is lovely. The base kicks. I can't wait to get a car stereo worthy of the base on this track. The breakbeat is as good as it gets.

Jaxx took risks with this song and it paid off large.

I'm surprised there aren't more comments on this great song.

• 2 months later...

this mix has always made me scratch my head, though the reason has nothing to do with how good or bad the song is. it has more to do with the fact that I HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO PLAY THE DAMN THING UNTIL NOW. this is the only song i know of that will not play in either quicktime or itunes.

-rob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
This mp3 will not play in Windows Media Player, Quicktime, or iTunes. It only plays in Winamp.

It also works in VLC Media Player. I'm glad I finally found a way to play it, 'cos it's a nice little track – not one of Jaxx's best, but the sax, breakbeats and general unpredictability make it worth a listen. Shame so few have heard it, really...

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

the intro had me prepared for awesome. the flute thing at the beginning is fun, but the horns that come in at :20 sorta kill it for me. the sax makes up for it, even though it only plays for a few seconds.

the second time through the sax is totally rockin

i can't decide what I think of the breakbeats, but when they come together with the other instruments at 2:15 it rocks for a short time before it ends somewhat abruptly.

nice work

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Here's a fixed version:

http://host.kg13.com/ocr/remix/Boogerman_SewerThug_OC_ReMix.mp3

Much like "Dark World Prelude & March" was the problem file of the 01001~01700 torrent, "Sewer Thug" is the problem file of the 00001~01000 torrent. Anyway, I used foobar2000 to rebuild the MP3 stream. I left the filename and tags untouched from the torrent. I was able to copy this to my iTunes library and play it just fine.

• 7 months later...

I'm surprised this hasn't been fixed yet, but Kaleb's link works.

Interesting texture throughout this mix. The style is laid back, jazzy, and at times upbeat and full of tension. As the track stands it feels like two entirely different songs that were cut and pasted into each other with nothing connecting the two. The jazz sections aren't bad, but their a little rough around the edges, but the strangeness of the mix as a whole is a turn off for me. Not my thing.

• 8 months later...

This is an interesting mix. The transitions are surprisingly abrupt. It is also ends way, way too soon, but has enough (weird) ideas for its short duration. This kind of material certainly isn't everyone's cup of tea, I suppose...but I like it. It is even catchy, in an eccentric manner. I also couldn't open the files displayed on the site, maybe someone could fix it.

I guess I'm one of the few out there that still remembers this game. It wasn't a timeless classic by any means, the humor was very juvenile and silly, but still it was sort of fun. Or maybe it wasn't that much, I haven't played it in a very long time. R.I.P my poor Genesis.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00256 - Boogerman "Sewer Thug"