rRPC 2016 - The ReMix Role-Playing Competition 2016

FenixDown

So far I've received four out of six tracks for the round. Two more to go with less than an hour left. I've got a couple errands I need to run but when I return, the submission period should be over and I will begin preparing for the first round of voting. 

Sorry for the delay guys. I'm hoping Xenonetix logs in soon, I would hate to have someone miss the first deadline of the compo. Just about everything else is lined up though, and I have good news on top of that. Odai has finished our sig banners for the rRPC 2016! I'll be sending everyone a PM with a link to the folder the files are all in shortly. 

It doesn't really feel right to delay things any further. It's not fair for everyone else who did manage to get their music in on time, so I'm going to release the music for the Hero Round One. You may download the files here.

I will update the opening post with the link and create the polls for two of the three match ups. Remember we aren't doing eliminations until the finals, so Xenonetix, you'll get a chance to redeem yourself in Round Two. Thanks for your patience everyone.

I think it would be better if you focused your efforts on making a comeback in Round 2, Xenonetix, especially since that begins next week. Sorry man. I hope I didn't cause any confusion on the timing of the deadline.

For those of you who've heard the first round's tracks, do you have any thoughts you'd like to share about them? I'll post my own later in the week.

3 hours ago, FenixDown said:

I think it would be better if you focused your efforts on making a comeback in Round 2, Xenonetix, especially since that begins next week. Sorry man. I hope I didn't cause any confusion on the timing of the deadline.

No problem and you didn't cause confusion. I've just had a MUCH busier couple of weeks than I was expecting.

I have a lot more time next week, so I'll be ready!

How are things going Villains? Have we been making some good (evil?) progress on our tracks so far?

Also, so far we've had four votes put in on the first Hero round. We've got a nice diverse assortment of tracks for the round and it would be great if more people checked them out and voiced their opinions.

I'm doing well and so is my entry. I'll be finished either Saturday or Sunday. With a little transposing, it wasn't very difficult to harmonize the main melodies of the two pieces. I'm not sure if it will get the majority vote but I'm putting my all into it (as usual). Good luck Yami.

Also I don't want to be rude and this is just my opinion. However I really wanted to like "Ancient Bass of Hope" (Ayla's theme is rather nice) but it's not my cup of tea (so to speak). Also really like "No Time to Lose" (although 'Binding of Issac' has an amazing soundtrack on its own ...) and would like to congratulate Chernabogue on a job well done. I really hope "Terra" theme (KH BBS) will be included in the competition (it's such an amazing character theme).

1 minute ago, Ronald Poe said:

With a little transposing, it wasn't very difficult to harmonize the main melodies of the two pieces. [...] Good luck Yami.

Yeah, they fit better than I originally thought. Good luck to you too.
Well, I did not have that much time, I only have some basic stuff, but the weekend is coming, so I'll work a lot on my entry then.

Less than 26 hours remain until the deadline for Villain Round One. I've got one track on its way in so far. Also voting turnout suddenly spiked up to nine people with the match up between Chernabogue and Ghetto Lee Lewis super close with Lewis in the lead now. If you still haven't voted for Hero Round One yet, you've got less than 23 hours left to do so.

8 hours ago, Tuberz McGee said:

Hey sorry I only just got your message from the 20th of may (lmao) now. 
I'm the busiest I've ever been in my life sorry! One day I will return to my former glory, but not this day. Haha

No worries! Thanks for responding though. Maybe next compo.

There's less than an hour left for voting on the first Hero Round choices. It's down to the wire on one match up so if you haven't voted yet, please do so now.

There's less than four hours to go before the deadline for the first Villain Round. I've got three submissions in so far, just waiting on Yami and HoboKa now. 

I'll be starting up the Hero Round 2 shortly after the voting is closed. This is the round where the Party System first becomes available so I'll also be revealing the party members I've randomly picked out for the Hero side. Hopefully everyone likes their optional alternate character themes.

Hero Bracket Round Two: A Kingdom in Ruin

Following the instructions of the royal emissaries, the heroes crossed into the fallen Kingdom of Dawn and arrived at a small town near the border. Everywhere the heroes looked, signs of violent conflict could be seen from the scorch marks that marred the streets to the charred remains of burned houses. The heroes were told that someone would be waiting for them, but there were no signs of anyone, friend or foe, in that devastated town.

It was not until they reached the town square, that they found a cloaked figure resting at the foot of a smashed statue of what was once a depiction of a heroic figure. The cloaked man regarded the gathering around him in silent contemplation before rising to his feet.

“You have my gratitude, brave warriors, for making the journey here,” the cloaked man said, “Though our numbers may be small, with your aid, we shall save my people and restore our land to its former glory.”

The second round of the Hero Bracket has begun. This week’s sources are based on towns and castles that have been taken over or wiped out by enemies. The match ups and sources for round two are:

@Garpocalypse (Ramza) and @Touchstone (Ib) and @Chernabogue (Isaac) : These Feelings ~ Cursed Trodain Theme - Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King

@alfredofreak (Ayla) and @Xenonetix (Terra) and @Ghetto Lee Lewis (Leliana) : Dying Village - Breath of Fire

Now that we have reached round two, the Party System has unlocked! Each participant has been randomly given an additional character source theme that they may use in place of the one they signed up with. The use of party members is entirely optional. Only you may use the party member you are assigned. Here are the party members assigned to our heroes:

Garpocalypse: Alec (Alec’s Theme) from Arc the Lad III

Touchstone: Flonne (Do Your Best, Girl!) from Disgaea: Hour of Darkness

Ghetto Lee Lewis: Meena and Maya (Gypsy’s Journey) from Dragon Warrior IV

Xenonetix: Dekar (The Strongest Man) from Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals

alfredofreak: Vyse (Vyse's Theme) from Skies of Arcadia

Chernabogue: Aigis (Heartful Cry) from Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Heroes will have until noon EDT on Monday, June 13 to submit their mixes to me.

Good luck heroes!

I got my entry in yesterday and I worked really hard on it (it even went through at least 1 revision). I've got an grin on my face that's both joyful and malicious upon hearing Yami submit (I'm sorry but I'm in it to win it). I hope to continue to make eccentric remixes and maybe even make it to round 3. Whahahahaha!

To Chernobogue, your mix (" No Time to Lose") was probably the best one submitted in the first hero round (in my opinion) and I'd like to congratulate you on a job well done. Also I'm a little jealous that you got Aigis (Persona 3) as your party member (I'm a fan of Persona and Aigis is my favorite robot girl ever) and hope you put her theme to good use You are a very talented musician/remixer and deserve to make it to round 3. Have a great day and good luck in the future.