Overwatch

4 hours ago, Nabeel Ansari said:

Yeah, you're so good and experienced:

That site's gotta be off, then. I've won several competitive games having played Widowmaker. Maybe not all throughout, but I have used Widowmaker to win competitive matches.

Anyway, Bleck's right, I shouldn't be carrying this on. Nothing I say is going to convince you guys that certain characters aren't "useless", just like your opinions won't stop me from playing those characters and winning with them. It really is a pointless debate.

Also, sorry if you felt insulted, AngelCityOutlaw.

20 hours ago, Bleck said:

this argument is dumb and you should all be ashamed for having it

Nice to see you haven't changed.

19 hours ago, DusK said:

That site's gotta be off, then. I've won several competitive games having played Widowmaker. Maybe not all throughout, but I have used Widowmaker to win competitive matches.

Anyway, Bleck's right, I shouldn't be carrying this on. Nothing I say is going to convince you guys that certain characters aren't "useless", just like your opinions won't stop me from playing those characters and winning with them. It really is a pointless debate.

Also, sorry if you felt insulted, AngelCityOutlaw.

I don't feel insulted at all; no need to apologize! I apologize if I was giving the impression that you shouldn't be allowed to play Widowmaker or something.

It's just a game.

On 10/21/2016 at 7:51 PM, Brushfire said:

Daddy DS said no. They wouldve been clothed.

But that witch skin, daaaamn

336ffd52a1de09dfe033b95bee943ec4-dakz2vk

Seriously, it's the coolest one and the only one I don't have. I get every other one (Reaper's twice) in the damn loot boxes, I even bought 24 of them, but not one damn Mercy and I'm 1,000 coins short.

I hope they have it again next year if I don't get it.

On 10/26/2016 at 6:50 AM, AngelCityOutlaw said:

Seriously, it's the coolest one and the only one I don't have. I get every other one (Reaper's twice) in the damn loot boxes, I even bought 24 of them, but not one damn Mercy and I'm 1,000 coins short.

I bought loot boxes and got Witch Mercy 3 times. Then in a random level-up box afterwards I got another one. 8)

18 hours ago, Nabeel Ansari said:

I bought loot boxes and got Witch Mercy 3 times. Then in a random level-up box afterwards I got another one. 8)

At least I have ghoul Ana. You know, the Halloween event kind of showed me how I don't really like the loot system. I mean, it's hard to justify complaining about unlockable content in 2016, but it's ridiculous how items rare enough to be called "legendary" only give you 200 coins if you get a duplicate. 7% of its value...

I also hear they cut the Halloween event short an hour early without any announcement whatsoever and you couldn't buy Halloween items anymore, but the lootboxes remained available for purchase until 4 pm.

2 hours ago, Brushfire said:

Sombra picture

tumblr_oervg9TGh61s70s7yo1_1280.jpg

The second I heard she was former Los Muertos I said, "She's going to have a Los Muertos skin"

She has a Los Muertos skin

SombraLosMuertos-Header-110416.jpg

On 11/5/2016 at 6:26 PM, AngelCityOutlaw said:

At least I have ghoul Ana. You know, the Halloween event kind of showed me how I don't really like the loot system. I mean, it's hard to justify complaining about unlockable content in 2016, but it's ridiculous how items rare enough to be called "legendary" only give you 200 coins if you get a duplicate. 7% of its value...

I also hear they cut the Halloween event short an hour early without any announcement whatsoever and you couldn't buy Halloween items anymore, but the lootboxes remained available for purchase until 4 pm.

I don't know, personally I never really understand why people get mad about this kind of stuff. There's a difference between "I'm disappointed because I really want to spend money to just get things I want" and "Blizzard is an unethical business with a horrible business model because they're not letting me give them money for things I want".

You're not doing the latter obviously; I was kind of springboarding to talk about the larger issues with the playerbase complaining a ton about the loot system. If you go on the Blizzard forums, it gets pretty bad. Lot of people trying to make the case that Blizzard is bad people for doing it this way.

44 minutes ago, Nabeel Ansari said:

I don't know, personally I never really understand why people get mad about this kind of stuff. There's a difference between "I'm disappointed because I really want to spend money to just get things I want" and "Blizzard is an unethical business with a horrible business model because they're not letting me give them money for things I want".

You're not doing the latter obviously; I was kind of springboarding to talk about the larger issues with the playerbase complaining a ton about the loot system. If you go on the Blizzard forums, it gets pretty bad. Lot of people trying to make the case that Blizzard is bad people for doing it this way.

In the case of the Halloween event being cut short (without warning), but Halloween lootboxes remaining until the scheduled time, I think people are in the right to be upset about that. A lot of people were saving their coins because if they spent the coins on the thing they wanted, but got it in a lootbox later, they essentially wasted 3,000 coins. So they waited until it looked like they wouldn't get it before the event ended to spend those coins, only to find out they were no longer allowed to do so despite being within in the advertised timeframe, but still had a chance to spend real money to possibly get the thing they wanted until the scheduled time.

Seems like a legitimate complaint to me.

My only beef with the lootboxes is how you get less than 10% value on a duplicate legendary. Surely, if this thing is that rare and cost 3x the amount of a normal legendary, I should get more than 200 coins for it...

Sombra is a lot of fun and the new game modes are amazing; they really keep the game feeling fresh.

6v6 Mystery Heroes is a god send and makes for a lot of very exciting and close-call matches. It's really fun to not know who you're going to be playing each time you respawn and it prevents people from just being who they're really good at or simply who the like being (Hanzo). It really shakes things up for the better.

On 11/11/2016 at 6:46 PM, AngelCityOutlaw said:

6v6 Mystery Heroes is a god send and makes for a lot of very exciting and close-call matches. It's really fun to not know who you're going to be playing each time you respawn and it prevents people from just being who they're really good at or simply who the like being (Hanzo). It really shakes things up for the better.

Until you get 3 Torbs on your team vs 3 D.VAs on king of the hill like I did the one time I tried this game mode.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's very L4D2 style, especially where you can revive your incapacitated teammates, the characters are talking to each other while you're clearing waves, etc. Super fun.

Overwatch needs a fucking campaign mode already.

On 11/6/2016 at 8:12 PM, AngelCityOutlaw said:

In the case of the Halloween event being cut short (without warning), but Halloween lootboxes remaining until the scheduled time, I think people are in the right to be upset about that. A lot of people were saving their coins because if they spent the coins on the thing they wanted, but got it in a lootbox later, they essentially wasted 3,000 coins. So they waited until it looked like they wouldn't get it before the event ended to spend those coins, only to find out they were no longer allowed to do so despite being within in the advertised timeframe, but still had a chance to spend real money to possibly get the thing they wanted until the scheduled time.

Seems like a legitimate complaint to me.

My only beef with the lootboxes is how you get less than 10% value on a duplicate legendary. Surely, if this thing is that rare and cost 3x the amount of a normal legendary, I should get more than 200 coins for it...

I dunno dude, it's hard for me to see any complaint about cosmetics and in-game currency systems as legitimate. It doesn't really affect the gameplay.

On 4/22/2017 at 8:25 PM, Nabeel Ansari said:

I dunno dude, it's hard for me to see any complaint about cosmetics and in-game currency systems as legitimate. It doesn't really affect the gameplay.

Six-months late response XD

Anyway, it's not about the cosmetics and affecting gameplay; it's that what they advertised for the event back then vs. what they actually wound up doing were two different things.

I don't know about a campaign mode, but I would definitely be fine with this PVE mode replacing capture the flag as a permanent mode. CTF isn't really that good in this game, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...